Hamburg St Pauli Walking Tour
OverviewDelve into the history and culture of Hamburgs most famous district on this evening walking tour of St Pauli. Hear of the areas origins from your guide, and visit top St Pauli attractions including the legendary Davidwache police station, the Hamburg Fish Market building and the Reeperbahn red-light district, where all the exciting nightlife happens. Youll also see some places where The Beatles started their career and enjoy an optional ferry ride around Hamburgs harbor, one of the busiest ports in Europe.
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Hamburg and set off on a 2.5-hour walking tour of the St Pauli district, one of the citys most popular areas. Youll also use public transport (own expense) during your tour to get a local feel of the neighborhood.
Get a glimpse into St Paulis provocative past, when it was a lawless land full of prostitution, gambling, smuggling and late-night entertainment. Today this legacy remains in the Reeperbahn, a now world-famous red-light district. Take a peek at some iconic sites here, including the Zur Ritze pub and the Eros Center, once claimed to be the biggest brothel in the world. You'll also hear stories behind Hamburg's most famous police station, Davidwache.
Of course no visit to St Pauli would be complete without discussing The Beatles, who played hundreds of shows in clubs in the Reeperbahn in the early 1960s. I was born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg, Lennon once said. Visit Beatles-Platz and make your way along Grosse Freiheit past venues such as Indra, Kaiserkeller and Star Club where the band wowed their first audiences. Pose for photos alongside statues of the Fab Four.
Get a look at St Pauli's modern side with some contemporary sights including the district church and Park Fiction. Take a stroll past the building that houses the Hamburg Fish Market, stretching along the Elbe waterfront, where tons of vendors showcase their goods in the mornings.
Then, if you wish, hop on a ferry (own expense) and cruise along the bustling harbor. Your tour then concludes in the Reeperbahn, where Hamburg's nightlife awaits.
Inclusions for Hamburg St Pauli Walking Tour
- Expert guide
Exclusions for Hamburg St Pauli Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Public transport
- Ferry ride
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Why Book With TripHobo?
- Carefully Curated Activities
- Transparent Pricing
- 100% Secure Transactions
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group St Pauli Reeperbahn And Red Light District Nighttime Walking Tour in Hamburg
- Hamburg Erotic Art Museum
- Hamburg Shore Excursion: Sightseeing Tour Including Treppenviertel and the Elbe River
- 4G Pocket WiFi in Hamburg: Mobile Hotspot for 3 Days or More
- Essential Hamburg Combo: Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Cruise and Lake Alster
- Hamburg Shore Excursion: Hamburg Hop-on Hop-off Tour