Hamburg Street Art Tour And WorkshopWrite a Review
OverviewThis alternative Hamburg walking tour was established to showcase the city's diverse culture and community spirit. Be introduced to a number of local, national and international graffiti and street artists with an inside look at Hamburg's bohemian districts, and alternative culture. Learn about community protests, gentrification threats, pirate legends, urban art movements. Visit squatter buildings, re-purposed bunkers, nature reserves, and creative hubs during this 3-hour guided tour and workshop.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near the Sternschanze station in early afternoon to begin the first leg of the tour, a 1-hour walk through the district of Sternschanze, then closer to Sankt Pauli, then be lead through Katoviertel and on to the city center. Along the way you will see all different styles of street art and graffiti. The guide will also explain the historical backgrounds of the areas as you get insight into the subcultures, and learn about gentrification and other political movements. The guides are experienced in guiding and workshop-running, and are English or German natives to provide you the best experience.
After getting some inspiration from the streets, you will then start your 2-hour workshop in an old factory building at Gängeviertel, a former squatter building in the city center. Experienced street artists will show you the different graffiti and street art techniques. Using cutters, markers, and spray-paint you will create your first street-art piece that you can carry back home (or leave it somewhere in the streets).
The workshop and end of the tour is close to metro station Gänsemarkt, right in the city's center.
Inclusions for Hamburg Street Art Tour And Workshop
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Hamburg Street Art Tour And Workshop
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.