New York Citys claim to fame as hometown of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton got an astronomical boost when Hamilton, a musical about the orphan immigrant whose outsize intellect and ferocious energy singularly shaped the newborn United States, opened on Broadway August 6, 2015. Critical and popular response was rapturous; tickets are sold out months in advance. But remember, Big Apple, its nice to have Washington on Your Side. Hamiltons wife Eliza relocated to the nations capital, residing here until her death at age 97. And those diametriclly opposed, foes of Mr. Hamilton, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson, each spent eight years in D.C. as U.S. President. In fact, there are so many Washington sites associated with this landmark musical that a Hamilton-themed walking tour is in order. Join Washington Walks to see where you can find the Lancelot of the revolutionary set Marquis de Lafayette, why the code name was Rochambeau, D.C.s take on Ten Duel Commandments, and, perhaps most significantly, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenuethat would be the home of Barack and Michelle Obama, Hamilton fans extraordinaire and two of the people who were in the room when it happened. The walk concludes at The Hamilton restaurant and bar, where participants can order a Hamilton Mule and raise a glass to freedom.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Embarks from Foggy Bottom Metro station by the bust of George Washington.
OverviewJoin Washington Walks on the two-hour Hamilton's D.C. walking tour. Explore sites associated with Founding Father Alexander Hamilton's family, friends, and foes and the landmark musical that tells their stories.
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.