OverviewDiscover the 36 streets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter. Join the locals as they shop the local markets. Sample the many forms of local cuisine at any of the numerous food shops. Sip on a juice, beer, coffee, or tea at one of the abundant cafes and bars.
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All-inclusive tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the Hoan Kiem district in the evening to start your stroll through the districts of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, each known for their historic trades including blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers, silk traders, and jewelers. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of products from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices.
Your English-speaking expert local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. Eat as you go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart. Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter will tempt your taste-buds with the famed Hanoi dishes such as Bun Cha Ta, Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together.
Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
The next two snack stops are at outdoor barbecue stalls. Sit down with the locals and sample various meats, vegetables, and bread specialties that are flame grilled over hot coals for extra flavor. It’s then time for dessert as you venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed iced and condensed milk. This specialty is one not to be missed.
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best kept secrets, a hidden street food restaurant, to taste some of the top street foods in Hanoi such as Banh my Hanoi, Vietnamese rice wine and the famous egg coffee. This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the narrow street inside the old quarter of Hanoi. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits.
At the end of the trip you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you with directions, or a taxi back to your hotel (at own expense).
Inclusions for Hanoi Food On Foot: Walking Tour Of Hanoi Old Quarter
- English-speaking guide
- Authentic Vietnamese meal, dessert, and drinks
Exclusions for Hanoi Food On Foot: Walking Tour Of Hanoi Old Quarter
- Personal expenses for shopping
- Additional drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
If you would like to have seafood, please inform the local guide and they can organize that for you or if you are allergic to some food. Please inform in advance for best arrangement
Please meet your tour guide at the booking office: 03 Gia Ngu street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi (In the centre of Old Quater of Hanoi)
For the group more than 6 people. We would organize a private group.
For private group bookings. We would offer the Pick up customers who staying in Old Quater only.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Hanoi Evening Tour With Water Puppet Show And Dinner
- Bai Dinh And Trang Aneco Joining Tour
- Hanoi City Tour
- Half Day Tour Bat Trang Pottery Village
- PRIVATE FULL DAY EXPLORING HANOI INCLUDING GREEN CAR TOUR
- Hanoi Street Food Tastes
- The Ionah Show In Hanoi With Roundtrip Transfer
- Hanoi City Tour With Green Car
- Buddhism Pilgrimage-Perfume Pagoda Joining Tour
- Trip To The Ancient Capital