In Hanoi the food is plentiful, its everywhere that you look and is an integral part of the livelihoods of many locals. More often than not, the street is the stage where much of what is food related in Hanoi takes place.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourWe start our 3-hour walking tour at Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. We eat as we go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart.
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, we tempt our taste buds with the famed Hanoi dish Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
Our next two snack stops are at outdoor barbecue stalls. We sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample various meat, vegetable and bread specialties that are flame grilled over hot coals for extra flavor. It’s then time for dessert as we venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed iced and condensed milk – this specialty is one not to be missed!
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best kept secrets, a hidden café to drink Egg Coffee . This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city center below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits!. At the end of the trip you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you with directions or a taxi back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Hanoi Food Walking Tour
- Food tasting
- Walking tour with local guide
Exclusions for Hanoi Food Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink that is not part of the itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Hanoi Evening Tour With Water Puppet Show And Dinner
- Bai Dinh And Trang Aneco Joining Tour
- Hanoi City Tour
- Half Day Tour Bat Trang Pottery Village
- PRIVATE FULL DAY EXPLORING HANOI INCLUDING GREEN CAR TOUR
- Hanoi Street Food Tastes
- The Ionah Show In Hanoi With Roundtrip Transfer
- Hanoi City Tour With Green Car
- Buddhism Pilgrimage-Perfume Pagoda Joining Tour
- Trip To The Ancient Capital