Immerse yourself in Vietnamese history and culture during this full-day tour of Hoa Lu and Tam Coc from Hanoi. See the former royal capital of Vietnam and visit two temples from the Dinh and Le dynasties. In Tam Coc, ride a 2-person sampan and soak up the gorgeous vistas of the nearby limestone peaks. Feast on a delicious buffet lunch and go on an optional bike ride to Bich Dong Pagoda or just relax and enjoy the scenery of the surrounding rice fields. A professional guide will provide roundtrip transport to and from your hotel.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly, professional guide at your central hotel Hanoi hotel and set off for Ninh Binh province, about 90km south of Hanoi. There will be a stop halfway through the drive to stretch and peruse the variety of traditional handicrafts available for purchase. Shop for paintings, embroideries and lacquer wares and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding rice fields.
Upon arriving in Hoa Lu around 10:30am, learn about the important role the area played in Vietnam’s history. This city was the ancient capital of the country in the 10th and 11th centuries and was built by the Dinh and Le dynasties. Hoa Lu is surrounded by limestone mountains and the Hoang Long River, naturally protecting it and making for an incredibly picturesque setting. At 11am, head for the ruins of the temples left by the Dinh and Le dynasties. Explore the excavation area at the Le Dai Hanh temple and the remains of the 10th-Century Royal Palaces.
Next it’s time to board the bus and drive to Tam Coc, known for its resemblance to famous Ha Long Bay and gorgeous rise paddies. Meaning ‘three caves,’ Tam Coc is the perfect place for countryside exploring. Chose to do an optional 40-minute bike ride from Tam Boc to the Bich Dong Pagoda, a total of 5km in length that passes along a country road through lush rice paddies. Then it will be time for a delicious buffet lunch in a nearby restaurant. At 2pm, get in 2-person sampan boats and drive down the river to three different caves. Explore their natural wonders and then return to the dock, where a bus will be waiting to drive back to Hanoi. The guide will return you to your hotel at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel by modern air-conditioned bus
- Experienced and enthusiastic driver
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Buffet lunch
- Entrance fee and boat fee
Exclusions for Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day
- VAT Tax and travel insurance.
- Tips and other expenses not mentioned in the package
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.