Hanoi Street Food Tour
OverviewHanoians are notoriously picky eaters. Why so choosy? Theyre spoiled for choice. Hanoi is a city full of iconic joints every Hanoian has a favorite slice and detailed reasons to back it, and the same goes for Noodle Soup, doughnuts, coffee and more... Food is integral to life in Hanoi, so if you want to experience a day like a local, it better be centered around eating. Joining a Hanoi street food tour will let an expert lead the way to the best Street Food in Hanoi Old Quarter. Youll learn about the history and culture of the city, all while filling up on the flavors that made Hanoi one of the worlds great destinations for hungry travelers. Enjoy 10 tastings, including recipes from Street Food Cart - Street Food Restaurant
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Several menus to choose from
- Free drinks included
- Dinner included
Know More about this tour
Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. We eat as we go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart.
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanois Old Quarter, we tempt our tastebuds with the famed Hanoi dish Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
Our next two snack stops on our Hanoi street food tour are at outdoor barbeque stalls. We sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample various meat, vegetable, and bread specialties that are flame grilled over hot coals for extra flavour.
Now, it's time for dessert as we venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed iced and condensed milk this specialty is one not to be missed!
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanois best kept secrets, a hidden caf with stunning views over the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. This hard-to-find caf is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city centre below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits!
At the end of our Hanoi tour you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will take youback to your hotel.
Inclusions for Hanoi Street Food Tour
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (Old Quarter area)
- All food tastings(enough for most people's lunch ordinner)
- Bottle of water
Exclusions for Hanoi Street Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tours take place rain or shine. More about weather
Wear casual and comfortable shoes and clothing.
Max 8 people per tour group (1 guide per group).
We CAN provide food substitutions for vegetarians, but unfortunately CANNOT provide food substitutions for any other food allergies (such as gluten-free or dairy-free)
Beer and food tastings are subject to change without notice
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.