Harlem Black And Jewish Music History Walking Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
OverviewThe early 20th century popular music in Harlem was Ragtime, the virtual Hip Hop music of it's day! Many of the neighborhood's young Black and Jewish musical talents, which included Duke Ellington, George Gershwin and Richard Rodgers where influenced by those evolving rhythms!By 1914, Harlem was the second largest Jewish community in America, with composers like Gershwin, Hammerstein, and Rodgers working in collaboration with their rising African-American neighbors and counterparts W.C. Handy, James Reese Europe and Ellington to craft what would become America's songbook.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourThis tour explores their old neighborhood, Harlem's historic Mt. Morris Park which include their homes and the era's theaters, synagogues and more! Visit nearby 125th Street, stopping at the Apollo Theater andits walk of famewhich commemorates James Brown, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin and others.
Stroll the historicneighborhood of M.t Morris Park and see the former Mt ZionTemple, where as young menthe composer Lorenz Hart and the comedian Milton Berle were bar mitzvahed. See the home ofCantor Yoslle Rosenblatt, the"Jewish Caruso." Visit Marcus Garvey Park where composer Richard Rodgers played as a child and today hosts the Charlie Parker Jazz Festival! See the venue the singer Sophie Tucker, the "Last of Red Hot Mamas," shares with Malcolm X!
Inclusions for Harlem Black And Jewish Music History Walking Tour
- Guided tour by licensed tour guide and Harlem resident
Exclusions for Harlem Black And Jewish Music History Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a walking tour. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
This tour focuses on neighborhood history. It does not include visit to church or music.
Tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.