Depart Cairns at 8:30am and travel north passing through sugar cane farmlands and along a scenic coastal road. The trip will take approximately 45 minutes. There is heaps to see and do at Hartley's -- not only can you get up close to Australian crocodiles, you can also hand feed kangaroos, wallabies, and cassowaries. You even have the opportunity of holding and cuddling a koala (at additional cost). See a wide variety of Australian wildlife in a beautiful and relaxed bushland setting.
Highlights at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures include:
- 9:30am: Cassowary Feeding and Wetland tour
- 10am: Crocodile Farm Tour to learn about sustainable use and conservation of crocodiles.
- 10:30am: Boat cruise on Hartley's Lagoon to see crocodiles and other wildlife.
- 11am: Crocodile Feeding
At 1:30pm you will be picked you up from the Hartley's Crocodile Adventures and driven to Palm Cove. In Palm Cove, you will find your own piece of paradise and you can choose to spend your afternoon as you wish. Suggestions of things to do in Palm Cove include:
- Walk for miles along the beautiful white sandy beach.
- Take a refreshing swim in the patrolled swimming enclosure
- Check out the locals fishing along the seafront jetty, and enjoy the fantastic views
- Have coffee or a leisurely lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafe's along the waterfront esplanade (at own expense)
- Enjoy cool sun-downers at one of several fully licenced bars (at own expense)
- Reward yourself with a spa treatment or massage (at own expense)
- Hire a kayak or jetski - paddle out and around Double Island and "Scouts Hat" Islands located just offshore (at own expense)
You will be picked up in Palm Cove at 5pm to be taken back to your accommodation in Cairns.