Harvard Campus Walking Tour And Admission To Natural History Museum - Boston
OverviewIf you’re considering Harvard University, or you just want to see what student life is like at this Ivy League establishment, this one-hour ‘Hahvahd’ tour is for you! Enjoy a one-of-a-kind dramatic presentation given by current Harvard students who share their insider perspective of college life in Cambridge. You’ll see historical buildings as you tour Harvard Yard and Harvard Square, hear stories about the school’s history and learn about some famous people who attended the school. You can choose to experience the Harvard tour with the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide and group at a location in Cambridge and embark on a 70-minute student-led walking tour of Harvard University, one of the countrys top colleges, founded in 1636. Throughout this ever-popular Hahvahd tour, your informative guide a current university student will offer a unique perspective of college life at the famed institution, of which 44 current and former faculty members are Nobel laureates.
Head to the 25-acre (10-hectare) Harvard Yard, the oldest section of the university, and view the brick facades of the dormitories, libraries and classrooms. Your guide will point out Old Yard, including Harvards oldest standing building Massachusetts Hall, constructed in 1720 as well as New Yard. See historical edifices like Memorial Hall, Sever Hall, the Widener Library and the Harvard Lampoon, as well as the statue of John Harvard the universitys founder.
As you tour the grounds, be entertained by your guides stories and Harvard lore partly scripted and partly shared from personal experience. Learn about the most famous people to attend Harvard, hear historical anecdotes and get an insiders view of current college life. After a stop at the Plaza, Winthrop Park and Mt Auburn Street in Harvard Square, complete your tour at the Harvard Shop or continue on to the Museum of Natural History.
If you choose to explore the Harvard Museum of Natural History along with your tour, you will get a comprehensive look at the exotic and the familiar. Established in 1998, the museum is the public face for three research museums: the Museum of Comparative Zoology, the Harvard University Herbaria, and the Mineralogical and Geological Museum. The museum is now a 21st-century representation of innovative research, current issues and a clever approach to education. Permanent exhibits include the world famous Glass Flowers Exhibit, Earth and Planetary Sciences Gallery, Fishes Gallery, New England Forests in the Zofnass Family Gallery, Arthropods: Creatures that Rule, Africa Gallery, Great Mammal Hall, Evolution, and the Zoological Galleries.
Inclusions for Harvard Campus Walking Tour And Admission To Natural History Museum
- Student guide
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Harvard Campus Walking Tour And Admission To Natural History Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Boston Admission Ticket
- 5-Day Boston Tour: Cape Cod with Nantucket and Whale Watch
- Plimoth Plantation Living Museum Day Trip from Boston
- New England Coastal Tour from Boston
- PhotoWalks Beacon Hill Tour
- Tour of Historic Fenway Park, America's Most Beloved Ballpark
- Newport Mansions Small-Group Day Trip from Boston
- New England Aquarium