- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: Flexible
German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese
Departure Time :
09:00 - 18:00, Thursday till 21:00
OverviewAustria's biggest aquarium and 'Aqua Terra Zoo'
- This 11-story tall building was formerly an air-raid shelter during WW2 and features walls that are 3.5 meters thick
- Feedings are scheduled throughout the week, as are dives in which zookeepers swim with the sharks and show just how harmless they can be
- 10,000 sea and land animals are spread over distinct 'regions' like the coral reef, the Amazonian rainforest and the Tropic House
- The free, downloadable smartphone app gives you the benefit of an audio guide to use while exploring the building at your leisure
Know More about this tour
You’ll find plenty of sharks here. The hammerheads have an exclusive spot on the 10th floor, while there is also a separate, gigantic shark pool spread over two floors and measuring 300,000 liters. It has a variety of sharks, and they share it harmoniously with many other species of fish. If this isn’t enough to convince you that sharks aren’t the bloodthirsty beasts we fear (thanks Steven Spielberg), you can also catch zookeepers diving with them at various times during the week.
Above sea level you’ll discover plenty of other animals to fascinate you. There are cute and playful monkeys, and creepy/fuzzy tarantulas! There’s even a crocodile park and distinct areas like the Amazonian Rainforest and Tropic House.
The more than 10,000 animals they have here are spread out over ten floors, which are delightful diversions for the whole family. The cherry on top of it all is the café on the rooftop terrace. Enjoy a meal as you soak up some of the best views of this elegant imperial city.
- Mon - Wed & Sat - Sun: 09:00 - 18:00
- Thu: 09:00 - 21:00
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing
- Metro: U3 to Neubaugasse
- Bus: 13A, 14A or 57A to Haus des Meeres
Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.