OverviewRome wasnât built in a day, but Paris was (re)built in 17 years. This tour takes you 150 years back and places you in the center of theÂ greatest urban planning achievement of the 19th century (and possibly, all time) that completely changed the face of Paris. The stunning sites that were made to impress the world include the OpÃ©ra Garnier, Boulevard Haussmann and the Galeries Lafayette. Learn about the chain of events that turned Paris from an insalubriousÂ slum to the most elegantÂ city in the world.
- Led by an art historian
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tour
Take a 2-hour private guided walk to learn about the famous Haussmannian intervention, the largest urban planning feat ever undertaken in the city of Paris, France, Europe and possibly the entire world.
In the 19th century the whole city, with the exception of 2 neighborhoods, was flattened and built anew. The plan was designed to create the best planned, the most functional, and above all, the most beautiful city in the world. The program, however, took its toll on many precious buildings and streets that have been forever lost. What were the real reasons behind this controversial decision? Of famous artists and writers of the era, who was in favor, and who was bitterly against? What are the conspiracy theories surrounding the event? Find out in this guided private tour.
After you have taken this tour, you’ll never see the city of Paris with the same eyes again!
Inclusions for Haussmannian Paris 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Haussmannian Paris 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.