Circle the island on this all encompassing tour that gives you a greater understanding of Hawaii Island life and the people and places that make up this beautiful land. Learn how the geologic makeup of the island is connected to Hawaii's ancient cultural past.
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourTours depart daily from the Kona/Waikoloa areas at 6:00 AM. We then make our way South through Kona and along highway 11 to Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park. Home to some of the Hawaii’s most significant traditional Hawaiian sites on the islands. Our first stop is here for a continental breakfast and to learn more about this ancient site.
After exploring this sacred site our journey continues South to Punulu’u Black Sand Beach for views of the endangered green sea turtles (Honu) sunning themselves on the warm black beach. Less than an hour away is Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Upon arriving at the park the group will get a front row view of the current eruption of Kilauea volcano. We then take time to explore the park with short hike to learn more about Hawaii’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site and geologic wonder. Before leaving we break for lunch and a chance for souvenir shopping.
Continuing on highway 11 takes us to Hawaii’s second largest city, Hilo. Guests will be treated to quick tour of this historic area along with a stop at beautiful Rainbow Falls.
The next part of our journey along the Hamakua coast (hwy 19), is one of the most beautiful drives on the island. Sites to look forward to along the way can include Onomea Bay, Laupahoehoe State Park, The Hawaiian Vanilla Company, and the Waipio Valley Lookout.
As our circle island journey comes to a close we make our way through Waimea and down to Kawaihae and the Kohala coast. A final stop at Pu’ukohola Heiau is where we bring our day to a close before the short drive back to the hotel.
Tour length is 12 hours.
Inclusions for Hawaii Island Adventure
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Continental breakfast
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- One-way private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Hawaii Island Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.