OverviewOn this 1.5-hour guided walking tour you'll discover the astonishing beauty of the monuments located in the heart of Florence's historical center. See sites such as the Duomo, Giotto's Bell Tower, St. John's Baptistery, Orsanmichele, Straw Market, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Signoria, Palazzo Vecchioand Loggia de Lanzi.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThe appointment with your guide is in the heart of the city's historic center, the splendid Gothic Loggia del Bigallo overlooking Piazza Duomo. It is from here that your journey of discovery begins amoung the amazing complex of monuments that characterize the religious center of Florence. Witness the Cathedral with its incredible Brunelleschi's Dome, the Baptistery of San Giovanni with the Porta del Paradiso (Gates of Paradise) and the elegant Giotto's Bell tower, the loveliest in all of Italy.
The walk continues along the lively Via Calzaioli in the heart of the city, where you can admire the imposing and singular Orsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Florentine gothic art, decorated with shrines with statues of the patron saints of the powerful medieval trade guilds. When you reach the bustling Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market), don’t forget to rub the nose of the famous porcellino (pig) and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck.
Continuing on, admire the romantic, picturesque Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, with its renowned jewellery shops. Finally, arrive in Piazza Signoria, one of the most beautiful squares in the world and the political center of the city. In this true outdoor museum you’ll be amazed as you admire the beautiful Fountain of Neptune with the marvelous and imposing marble statue by Ammannati. Then, as you look around, you'll notice the sculptural masterpieces of the Loggia dei Lanzi, including the Cellini’s Perseus and the Gianbologna’s Rape of the Sabines. Dominating all this is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio, with its crenelated Arnolfo's Tower, one of the most famous symbols of Florence that you will be able to admire in all its magnificence.
Inclusions for Heart Of Florence Walking Tour
- Walking Tour
- English-speaking Guide
Exclusions for Heart Of Florence Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets