OverviewThis unique dual-narrative tour takes you to the heart of one of the most complex cities in the world for an in-depth look at the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. From Jerusalem, head to the holy city of Hebron in the West Bank for a tour of both the Israeli and Palestinian sectors, known as H1 and H2, first with an Israeli Jewish guide and then with a Palestinian guide. Hear both sides of the struggle for a balanced insight into life in this volatile Middle Eastern city. Visit the Tomb of the Patriarchs, explore Jewish neighborhoods, and enjoy an (optional) home-cooked lunch at a local Palestinian familys home.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourFrom Davidka Square in central Jerusalem, take public transport two hours southwest to the city of Hebron, the second-largest Palestinian city after Gaza, nestled in the Judaean mountains.
Since the early 20th century, Jewish and Arabic national movements have struggled to attain sovereignty for their people in this region of the Middle East. Hebron's population is split between Palestinians and Israelis living in two divided sectors: H1, controlled by Palestine, and the much smaller H2, administered by Israel.
Your visit begins on the Israeli side of Hebron, onboard a bullet-proof bus, with your expert guide — an Israeli Jew — who provides a narrative of the cultural, religious and political tension from his people’s perspective.
Arrive at the Jewish side of the Tomb of the Patriarchs, home to the symbolic tombs of Abraham and other biblical figures, all said to be buried in the cave beneath. Then tour Jewish settlements of the city to see important landmarks such as the Avraham Avinu synagogue, the hilltop Tel Rumeida archaeological site, the Shavei Hevron Yeshiva community center, and the Beit Hadassah museum.
After you part with your Israeli guide, cross over into H1 to meet your Palestinian guide for the second portion of your tour. Opt for lunch on your own, or in a friendly Palestinian family’s house. Enjoy rooftop views of the city as the home-cooked meal is prepared.
Reconvene to tour the bustling city center. With the help of your guide, speak with locals to learn about the difficult conditions of Palestinians living near Jewish settlements. You'll also visit the Muslim side of the Tomb of the Patriarchs, known as the Ibrahimi Mosque (Abraham Mosque).
Relax on the drive back to Jerusalem in the evening.
Inclusions for Hebron Day Trip From Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Local guide
Exclusions for Hebron Day Trip From Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Transport to/from Jerusalem (16 NIS each way)
- Optional lunch in local family's home (30 NIS)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A dress code is required for this tour. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
The tour visits an area which is subject to political unrest and the itinerary may change or cancelled at last minute
Minimum age is 12 years
Please note: Israeli & Palestinian Passport holders are unable to join this tour due to local restrictions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.