OverviewVisit Heidelberg and the Black Forest town of Baden-Baden on a day trip from Frankfurt, led by an expert local guide! After walking around the ruins of Heidelberg Castle, explore the citys Old Town on a tour, learning about its culture and sights. Spend your afternoon in the beautiful Black Forest, visiting the chic spa town of Baden-Baden, Lake Mummelsee and a town thats famous for its production of traditional German cuckoo clocks.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave central Frankfurt and travel south to Heidelberg in the northern Baden-Wrttemberg region roughly an hour away. Straddling the River Neckar, the romantic city is framed by dense woodlands that seemingly try to hide its star attraction Heidelberg Castle. Referred to as the 'schloss by locals, the castle is the epitome of a fairytale fortress with palatial Gothic-Renaissance architecture, lavish grounds and heart-stopping views.
Head inside and explore the ruins with your guide, walking through its large courtyard and along the terrace. Drink in the sweeping views, and then admire some of the castles artifacts, like the wine barrel that is said to be the largest in the world.
After your castle tour, travel down the hill, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour of the Old Town, seeing attractions like the Old Bridge, the 18th-century Karlstor gate and the Church of the Holy Spirit. Learn of Heidelbergs erudite reputation as a university town, and hear about day-to-day life in the town as you walk around. Your guide will recommend some of the best local eateries and then leave you to enjoy lunch (own expense).
Board your coach and travel further south to Baden-Baden, a historical spa town in the heart of the Black Forest. Explore the town on your walking tour, passing its manicured parks and thermal bath houses. The town's headline attraction is Baden-Baden Kurhaus home to one of the oldest casinos in Europe so head inside for a tour.
Venture further into the Black Forest by coach to visit Lake Mummelsee, and then spend time at leisure at a town nearby. The region is famous for its production of traditional German cuckoo clocks, so perhaps browse the shops for souvenirs to take home. Then, head back to Frankfurt by coach, finishing your tour at the start point.
Inclusions for Heidelberg And Baden-Baden Tour From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Heidelberg Castle and Baden-Baden Casino
Exclusions for Heidelberg And Baden-Baden Tour From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Baden-Baden thermal baths
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 18 years for entry to Baden-Baden Casino; ID (in the form of a valid passport) is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.