Heidelberg And Nuremberg Tour From Frankfurt
OverviewVisit the cities of Heidelberg and Nuremberg, two historical highlights of Germany, on a day trip from Frankfurt. The charming cities are rich with history and sights, and a guide will show off their best bits during walking tours. Visit the ruins of Heidelberg Castle; see sights like the Church of the Holy Spirit; and then learn about Nurembergs history on a stroll around its Old Town.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave central Frankfurt and travel south to Heidelberg in the northern Baden-Wrttemberg region roughly an hour away. Straddling the River Neckar, the romantic city is framed by dense woodlands that seemingly try to hide its star attraction Heidelberg Castle. Referred to as the Schloss by locals, the castle is the epitome of a fairytale fortress with palatial Gothic-Renaissance architecture, lavish grounds and heart-stopping views.
Head inside and explore the ruins with your guide, walking through its large courtyard and along the terrace. Drink in the sweeping views, and then admire some of the castles artifacts, like the wine barrel that is said to be the largest in the world.
After your castle tour, travel down the hill, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour of the Old Town, seeing attractions like the Old Bridge, the 18th-century Karlstor gate and the Church of the Holy Spirit. Hear of Heidelbergs prestigious reputation as a university town, and learn about day-to-day life in the town while walking around. As your walking tour finishes, chat to your guide about places to eat in town, and then enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Meet your guide back on your coach, and then travel east to Nuremberg Bavarias handsome second city. Sit back and relax on your journey, hearing about the city's complex history, from the burden of its Nazi legacies and the Nuremburg Trials to its prosperity as a European trade and commerce center.
The city is as visually colorful as its past, with distinctive red-roofed buildings stretching around Imperial Nuremberg Castle (Kaiserburg). See the sights on your walking tour of Nuremberg's Old Town, stopping for photos by the original city walls and the Castle Quarter with its half-timbered houses.
How you spend the rest of your time in the city is up to you. Perhaps pay a visit to Albrecht Drer's House (a museum dedicated to the works of Northern Renaissance artist from Nuremberg). Alternatively, stroll around the streets perhaps visiting one of the towns legendary sausage stands or browsing the shops. All meals are at your own expense.
Inclusions for Heidelberg And Nuremberg Tour From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Heidelberg Castle
Exclusions for Heidelberg And Nuremberg Tour From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer by Luxury Car to Prague from Frankfurt
- Private Departure Transfer in Luxury Sedan to Frankfurt International Airport
- Wertheim Village Shopping Day Trip from Frankfurt
- Holiday Park Hassloch
- Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
- Atta Cave and Greifenstein Castle Tour from Frankfurt
- Four Day Christmas Delight - Leipzig, Dresden and Plauen