Heidelberg And Rothenburg Day Trip From Frankfurt
OverviewExplore the medieval cities of Heidelberg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber on a day trip from Frankfurt! Traveling with an expert guide, youll learn about the history and culture of both cities during a mix of walking tours and free time. Walk through the ruins of Heidelberg Castle, see charming half-timbered houses and well-preserved city walls in Rothenburg, and then visit St Jacobs Church, a 500-year-old place of worship.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave Frankfurt and travel southwest to Heidelberg in the northern Baden-Wrttemberg region roughly an hour away. The romantic city is perhaps best known for Heidelberg Castle, a vast set of ruins that tower above the medieval center. Referred to as the Schloss by locals, the castle is a quintessential fairytale fortress with Gothic-Renaissance architecture, lavish grounds and heart-stopping views.
Head inside and explore the ruins with your guide, walking through its large courtyard and along the terrace. Take in the sweeping views, and then admire some of the castles artifacts, like the wine barrel that is said to be the largest in the world.
After your castle tour, travel down the hill, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour of the Old Town, seeing attractions like the Old Bridge, the 18th-century Karlstor gate and the Church of the Holy Spirit. Hear of Heidelbergs prestigious reputation as a university town, and learn about day-to-day life in the town as you walk around. As your walking tour finishes, chat to your guide about places to eat in town, and then enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop back on board your air-conditioned coach and travel east to the town of Rothenburg. Following the banks for the River Neckar, your route includes a stretch of the famous German Castle Road, before reaching Rothenburg at the end of the Romantic Road.
Often considered the best-preserved medieval town in the country, Rothenburg is a feast for the eyes with winding cobbled lanes lined by half-timbered houses, all beautifully encircled by old city walls. See its best bits on your walking tour, taking in the handsome street scenery as well as key attractions like the Renaissance town hall and St Jacobs Church. Head inside the 500-year-old place of worship to see its biggest draw, the wood-carved Holy Bloody Altar, and learn about Riemenschneider (an acclaimed German woodcarver) who created it.
Head back to your coach, and then relax on your journey north to Frankfurt. Your tour then finishes back at the start point in the early evening.
Inclusions for Heidelberg And Rothenburg Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Heidelberg Castle and St Jacob's Church
Exclusions for Heidelberg And Rothenburg Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.