Heidelberg And Schwetzingen Castles Day Trip From Frankfurt
OverviewVisit two German castles in one day on this must-do day trip from Frankfurt! With a tour of Heidelberg Castle and the citys Old Town included plus a visit to Schwetzingen Castle, the day trip is the perfect excursion for lovers of history, architecture and scenery alike. Take the scenic route back to Frankfurt, traveling along the German Wine Road and admiring idyllic scenery and picturesque towns like Neustadt.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Frankfurt, and then travel to Heidelberg in the northern Baden-Wrttemberg region roughly an hour away. Straddling the River Neckar, the romantic city is framed by dense woodlands that seemingly try to hide its star attraction Heidelberg Castle. Referred to as the Schloss by locals, the castle is the epitome of a fairytale fortress with palatial Gothic-Renaissance architecture, lavish grounds and incredible views.
Head inside and explore the ruins with your guide, walking through its large courtyard and along the terrace. Take in the sweeping views, and then admire some of the castles artifacts, like the wine barrel that is said to be the largest in the world.
After your tour of Heidelberg Castle, travel down the hill, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour of Heidelberg's Old Town, seeing attractions like the Old Bridge, the 18th-century Karlstor gate and the Church of the Holy Spirit. Learn of Heidelbergs erudite reputation as a university town, and hear about day-to-day life in the town as you walk around. Your guide will recommend some great local eateries and then leave you to enjoy lunch (own expense).
Board your coach and travel further south to Schwetzingen, a town near the Rhine River. Its leading attraction is Schwetzingen Castle built for the art-loving Duke of Bavaria. Head inside and explore with your guide, ogling the Rococo architecture and plush interiors complete with original 18th-century furnishings.
The castle grounds are also stunning, boasting a symphony of neatly manicured lawns, gleaming marble statues and even a theater. Stroll around the Baroque-style gardens at leisure, and then return to your coach.
Travel along the famous German Wine Road through the heart of the Palatinate region, passing fertile vineyards, forest and blooming meadows. Pass through several picturesque towns like Neustadt, Deidesheim and Bad Drkheim, and then finish your tour at the start point in Frankfurt.
Inclusions for Heidelberg And Schwetzingen Castles Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees: Heidelberg and Schwetzingen castles
Exclusions for Heidelberg And Schwetzingen Castles Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Airport Round-Trip Transfer: Frankfurt International Airport to Frankfurt Hotel Plus Return Trip
- 4G Pocket WiFi in Frankfurt: Mobile Hotspot for 3 Days or More
- Frankfurt Card 1-Day Group Ticket
- Black Forest and Baden-Baden Day Trip from Frankfurt
- Private Arrival Transfer in Luxury Sedan from Frankfurt International Airport