Heli Fishing Day Trip From Townsville - Townsville CityWrite a Review
OverviewAccess some of North Queenslandâs best remote fishing locations via helicopter (aka 'heli-fishing') on this Townsville outdoors excursion. Your professional pilot takes you to two prime spots on the Haughton River, Bray Island or Cape Cleveland, where you can spend most of your time waiting for a bite. Youâre provided with the necessary gear, coolers, and a delicious picnic lunch that includes wine or beer. Your experienced fishing guide knows these waters well, rewarding you with some great insight on this small-group tour, limited to six people, that is suitable for both experienced and novice anglers.
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
Know More about this tourMake your way to the Townsville Airport to meet your pilot and start your fishing tour by helicopter. On this outing, known as 'heli-fishing,' you get to wear a 2-way radio headset that allows you to communicate while in flight. Look out at landmarks that your pilot points out en route to two different fishing locations during your 5-hour tour.
Start with a 20-minute scenic flight over the southern side of Townsville to reach the mouth of the Haughton River. Land at a prime location near the river and set up on a sand bank to enjoy 1.5 hours of fishing.
As for gear, it's all there. Your guide provides equipment such as overhead rods, spin reels, nets, coolers (eskys), chairs, and insect repellent, among other necessary gear. Your tackle box comes stocked with filleting knives, lures, and bait.
Next you'll take a short flight to either Bray Island, a rocky outcrop surrounded by deep waters, or to an estuary near Cape Cleveland. When you land, your guide breaks out a gourmet picnic lunch accompanied by sparkling wine or beer. After a satisfying meal, start your next 1.5-hour fishing session.
On this half-day trip, expect to cast a line for mangrove jack, salmon, flathead, and barramundi (from February thru October). At Bray Island, you'll also fish for cod, mackerel and trevally. (Bonus: You may spot other wildlife including crocodiles, dugongs, turtles and humpback whales.)
A 15-minute helicopter flight takes you and your catch back to Townsville at the end of this memorable fishing excursion.
Inclusions for Heli Fishing Day Trip From Townsville
- Round-trip helicopter flight
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- All necessary equipment
Exclusions for Heli Fishing Day Trip From Townsville
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Due to comfort, weight and balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over (240 pounds) 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat
There is a maximum of 4 passengers permitted per helicopter
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please bring sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.