OverviewVisiting Helsinki and dont know where to start? This 1.5 hours tour takes you around the main sights at the center and gives you advice where to continue. On the tour youll see the old and new sights and hear the stories behind, taste the local ingredients at the Old Market Hall and look around with a local guide who loves to share his/her feelings about living in the capital of Finland. You guide will be energetic, academic and professional.
Know More about this tour
Youll hear about the citys past times and how the very tiny town was transformed to our capital city. On the other hand, the tour will include a lot of contemporary details about the life and atmosphere in Helsinki.
On your way youll see the largest department store in the Nordic countries, a classical French-style park and the beautiful port area from where both locals and tourists travel to the other capital cities around the Baltic Sea. You will visit the Old Market Hall and smell the scents and nuances of the local food. You will be able to taste the local pastries and fish free of charge.
From the Market Square you can see the most visible sign of our Russian past, the Uspenski Cathedral. Other sights in this area are the Presidential Palace and the modern sauna / sea pool recreational center. Witness with your own eyes that Finns do swim in the sea all year round. Acknowledge the importance of the role of sauna in Finnish culture and healthcare.
For the brief historical review, we will walk to the Senate Square, which has been the central gathering place for centuries. You will learn how the city was built from a small village to a modern capital by a single German from Charlottenburg. One of the main sights in Helsinki is the beautiful neoclassical Helsinki Cathedral, which is also called the icon of Helsinki. You will learn why the main entrance looks like its on the wrong side of the church.
Who hasnt heard about the marvel of Finnish education? Helsinki University is the peak of it. Our guides who have studied through the system will enlighten you on how the curriculum goes in practice. The guide will show you the very modern main library of the University of Helsinki which was built in 2012. The Tour will end at the Central Railway Station, around which there are many beautiful buildings and places to visit. The Central Railway Station is generally referred as the middle point the City.
After Helsinki Essentials you will have an opportunity to continue touring around Helsinki with the same guide. Helsinki All Star Walk starts close by with a coffee break. On the break you can rest your feet and meet other travelers. The (hot) drink is on us if you attend the All Star Walk as well. The guide will recommend you to accompany your drink with something very local. The price for upgrading to Helsinki All Star Walk is 7 Euros. This tour will take you to other parts of the city, more far away from the main tourist area to the commercial area. It will end at the spectacular Rock Church which is the most visited church in Helsinki. The entrance will be at own expense (3).
More info: email@example.com / +358 46938 4905
Inclusions for Helsinki Essentials
- 10% Live Entertainment Tax
- Viator brokerage fee
- Food tasting at Old Market Hall
Exclusions for Helsinki Essentials
- Coffee break
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please were proper shoes as we will walk around 3 kilometers.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2 Days tour to Moominworld and Turku Castle from Helsinki
- Finnish Lakes and Forests (from Helsinki)
- Half-Day Porvoo Tour from Helsinki
- Helsinki Musical Tour
- Shore Excursion: Panoramic Helsinki and Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
- Shore Excursion: Helsinki Panoramic Sightseeing Tour
- Helsinki Highlights Tour By Tram And Walking
- Helsinki Shore Excursion: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and Boat Combination Tour