Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Wine And Whale Coast Private Tour From Cape TownWrite a Review
Enjoy a private tour through the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley and along the Cape Whale Coast. Explore a local vineyard, where you will not only have marvelous views of the coastline, but you will also get to sample some incredible local wines. Next, visit Hermanus for amazing views of the ocean and during whale season (June to November) you can possibly see whales in the bay from the cliffside pathways. Stop at Stony Point Nature Reserve to see the colony of wild African penguins and travel along the scenic Clarence Drive to return to Cape Town.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourYour guide will meet you at your accommodation in Cape Town with an air-conditioned minivan to begin your private, full-day tour of the Whale Coast and the Hemel-en-Aarde wine valley. Along the way to Creation Wines, you will see breathtaking vistas and magnificent mountains. Upon arriving at the rolling vineyards, you will relax, unwind, and enjoy their unique pairing creations.
Indulge in the estate’s award winning wine and velvety smooth chocolate pairings. You can also opt for an additional tapas style food pairing (at own expense). Enjoy a leisurely walk through the vineyards to breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Continue with a scenic 20-minute drive to Hermanus, one of the best whale watching spots in the world. Explore cliffside pathways to view spectacular displays of raw power and elegance from the whales that migrate to this area’s warm waters during the whale season (typically from June to November). While here, you can choose to go on an optional 2-hour whale watching cruise (at own expense) for up close and personal views of the gentle giants. Like all wild creatures, there is no guarantee they will appear on cue, but there’s always the thrill that you may spot that tell-tale water spout between the waves.
After lunch (at own expense), venture back towards Cape Town with a stop at Stony Point Nature Reserve, home to one of only two breeding colonies of the endangered African penguin in the world. Here, you’ll see up to 5,000 of these incredibly cute, flightless birds.
Head back to Cape Town along the picturesque Clarence Drive, with its impressive, craggy coastline and try to catch a last glimpse of frolicking whales against the pink and amber sunset. You will reach your hotel at approximately 5pm.
Please note: This tour and its itinerary are flexible and can be tailored to your interests, so that you can spend more time at tour highlights that interest you the most.
Inclusions for Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Wine And Whale Coast Private Tour From Cape Town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Wine and chocolate pairing
- Vineyard walk
- Stony Point Penguin Reserve entry fee
Exclusions for Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Wine And Whale Coast Private Tour From Cape Town
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Additional drinks
- Optional activities, including boat-based whale watching cruise (approximately R800) and tapas pairing (approximately R400)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.