Herculaneum was a residential coastal town which has been superbly preserved due to the fact that it was covered in volcanic mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. The guide will give people the chance to view the town from above before heading down and beginning the guided tour which lasts about an hour. The buildings have been so well preserved that you can walk down the streets pretty much exactly as the Romans would have done over 2000 years ago! There are still original timbers showing in the buildings and clay pots stored as they would have been at the time of the eruption. The tour takes in many of the most important sites including the public baths with their well preserved frescoes and mosaics along with the shops and gymnasium and much more. It is all in all a fascinating tour of possibly one of the best preserved examples of a Roman residential town in the world, brought to life by the years of study and knowledge of our guides. Return to resort around 1 pm.
- Partial Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Details :
At 8:10 am Achille Lauro Parking Area In Via Correale.
Enjoy the area’s most impressive sites and get a glimpse of daily life in ancient Italy on this incredible trip!
Know More about this tour
- Local Tour Guide
- If you cancel between 0 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sorrento Small-Group Food Walking Tour
- Capri and Anacapri Day Tour from Sorrento
- Small-Group Pompeii and Herculaneum Tour from Sorrento Including Lunch
- Capri and Blue Grotto Day Trip from Sorrento
- Capri Island Tour and Grottos from Sorrento
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Tour by Bus from Sorrento
- Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius 4x4 Sightseeing Tour
- Full-Day Private Amalfi Coast Tour from Sorrento