Herculaneum And Pompeii Tour From Sorrento
OverviewIf you are a history lover, you cannot miss a full day excursion to discover the archaeological cities of Pompeii & Herculaneum escorted by a comfortable and air conditioned bus. Your expert guide will show you the sights.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourFollowing the eruption of the volcano, Mount Vesuvius, in the year 79 CE, Pompeii had laid buried and forgotten for hundreds of years. Your guide will take you slowly through some of the ancient streets of Pompeii where you can see the baths, forums and villas built by the prosperous Romans in the year 80 BCE.
After going through Pompeii there will be time for lunch. Followed by the visit to Herculaneum, which was submerged under a torrent of mud and lava that hardened into a soft tufa (a kind of coarse rock) that preserved many of the wooden parts of houses and household objects which can be seen today. A large part of the town is still buried and many treasures wait to be discovered.
Come spend an amazing day discovering the remnants of the prosperous world of the Ancient Romans. After the tour, you will be returned to Sorrento.
Inclusions for Herculaneum And Pompeii Tour From Sorrento
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Herculaneum And Pompeii Tour From Sorrento
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to be paid locally is 26,00 per person - included entrance in Pompeii & Herculaneum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amalfi Coast Experience: Small group tour from Sorrento
- Sorrento to Naples Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Tour: Amalfi Coast by Vintage Fiat 500 or Fiat 600 from Sorrento
- Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience from Sorrento with Lunch
- 4-Hour Excursion to Pompeii from Sorrento
- Promenade in Positano Evening Tour from Sorrento