Herculaneum And Vesuvius - Sorrento
OverviewDiscover the residential coastal town of Herculaneum and Mt Vesuvius, the only active volcano in continental Europe!
Know More about this tour
Herculaneum was a residential coastal town which has been superbly preserved due to the fact that it was covered in volcanic mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. The guide will give people the chance to view the town from above before heading down and beginning the guided tour which lasts about an hour. The buildings have been so well preserved that you can walk down the streets pretty much exactly as the Romans would have done over 2000 years ago! There are still original timbers showing in the buildings and clay pots stored as they would have been at the time of the eruption. The coach departs for Mount Vesuvius. On the way up there is a stop for lunch. The coach takes the guests to mt.1000 and if the clients wish, they walk the rest themselves. The guests purchase their entrance tickets. There is a man at the foot of the volcano who provides walking sticks which customers can hire for a small charge to help them walk up to the crater.
Upon reaching the crater, a local guide will walk them around the crater and give them an explanation (we cannot guarantee that the guide service will always be available) Customers then have free time to walk around. Customers meet the bus at the car park and then make the journey back to Sorrento. Return to resort approx. 16.00 /17.00.
Inclusions for Herculaneum And Vesuvius
- Local Tour Guide
- Headset (In Herculaneum)
- If you cancel between 0 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Amalfi Coast by Vintage Fiat 500 or Fiat 600 from Sorrento
- Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience from Sorrento with Lunch
- 4-Hour Excursion to Pompeii from Sorrento
- Promenade in Positano Evening Tour from Sorrento
- Private Pompeii and Herculaneum Day Tour
- Private Transfer: Sorrento to Amalfi Coast
- Naples Hidden Treasures Tour
- Capri Fun Tour from Sorrento