This tour depart 3 times a week from Naples City center, the pickup is organized along different meeting points. After a long sleep,Vesuvius woke up on the 24th of August od 79 AD.This eruptions was apocalyptic, since it destroyed the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Herculaneum was discovered in XVIII century and became one of the most famous archeological sites in the world.Nowadays, Herculaneum boasts several landamarks such as the house with the mosaic Atrium, the house of the Deer, the Thermal spas of the Forum, the house of the mosaic of Neptune and Amphitrite, which definetely deserve to be visited. Herculaneum is smaller than Pompeii and can visited in a hour and half. This tour includes transfer from Naples and English commentary. Unlike Pompeii, covered by a layer of ashes and lapillus, Herculaneum was submerged by a 25 meters thick layer of mud and lava. The landscape is breathtaking and evocative. It is still worth visiting it!
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
8:30 am Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Centrally located hotels in Naples city
OverviewWith pickup from Naples and transfer included, do not miss the opportunity to visit Herculaneum,which was the favourite touristic destination of wealthy Romans and then the first archeological site discovered in the Vesuvian area in the XVIII century.Just as if you had a time machine you will walk amiidst the historical buildings of the ancient roman town that was buried by the ashes of the apocalyptic eruption of the Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Herculaneum is smaller than Pompeii and can be visited in 1 hour and half.Visit the Thermal spas of the Forum, the house with the Mosaic Atrium and so forth.
- Local archeological guide ( From November to March if the group does not reach the minimum of 6 participants the local guide in Herculaneum will be replaced by an audioguide )
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour option available to book
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Bottled water
- Herculaneum entrance fee 11 per person ( pay the guide on board in order to skip the line )
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- POMPEII EXCURSION FROM NAPLES
- CAPRI EXCURSION INCLUDING THE BLUE GROTTO OPTION FROM NAPLES
- CAPRI SHOW AND GO WITH BLUE GROTTO OPTION
- POMPEII, POSITANO AND AMALFI COAST CRUISE FROM NAPLES
- POMPEII AND SORRENTO WITH LIMONCELLO TASTING FROM NAPLES