Herend, Home To The Hungarian Porcelain - Budapest
OverviewHerend is the centre of artistic porcelain production in Hungary and at the same time is the world's largest porcelain factory, which has been operating for over 180 years. The company started in 1826 with just a few workers and became a favored brand already in the 19th century all over Europe. Today Herend is known in almost every country of the world, and its porducts are unique and real Hungaricums.
Know More about this tour
It is not just by chance, that the most famous rulers of the 19th and 20th century - like Queen Victoria, Emperor and Hungarian King Franz Joseph and his wife Queen Elisabeth, Alexander von Humboldt, Nikolas II of Russia and the most loved one, Lady Diana - fell in love with Herend porcelains, and we can continue the list with the most famous and determinant persons of the 21st century such as the Pope Benedict XVI, Lewis Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Moreover, one of the most famous and favored pattern -still in use - of the factory was named after Queen Victoria, and a Herend porcelain tableware set - decorated with the 'new Victoria pattern' - was given by the Hungarian Goverment as a gift to Kate and William wedding,The three main attractions in Herend are the Porcelain Museum, the Mini Manufactory and the Coffee and Porcelain Shop. In the Herend Mini Manufactory one can see the fascinating process, how the heavy mass of caolin clay becomes fragile porcelain, and how the craftsmen shape, decorate and paint the material. You can follow step by step the birth of the beautiful masterpieces of Herend Porcelain. The tour in the Mini Manufactory starts with an interesting short movie about the story of Herend factory from 1826 to the present day.
After the Mini Manufactory you can visit the Herend Porcelain Museum, where you will receive an overall picture about the colorful product range of Herend porcelain over the last 180 years. The Manufactory has a capacity of producing more then 16,000 various forms, around 4,000 patterns and their free variation. This means it is equivalent of 64 million various products. Finish your tour in the shop - delivery with insurance is worldwide avaible - and take a good coffee or tea, of course from a Herend porcelain cup.
Inclusions for Herend, Home To The Hungarian Porcelain
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Tea or coffee
Exclusions for Herend, Home To The Hungarian Porcelain
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
In 2018 the Herend Mini Manufacture and Shop is closed on 15th March, 30th March, and 1st November, pls. take into consideration when booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lake Balaton Helicopter Flight from Budapest
- Private Tour: Eger Wine Country Day Trip from Budapest
- Budapest Super Saver: Private Entrance to Szchenyi Spa with Optional Massage plus Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Budapest Private Plane to Lake Hvz
- Private Day Trip to Lake Balaton from Budapest
- Private Danube Bend Day Trip from Budapest