Heritage Site: Villa D'Este And Hadrian's Villa In Tivoli Tour From Rome
OverviewVisit Tivoli, an ancient resort area famed for its beauty and its good water, enriched by many Roman villas, the most famous one, of which the ruins remain, is Villa Adriana (Emperor Hadrian's Villa).Enjoy a nice and relaxed half-day tour to discover a couple of the best UNESCO heritage sites.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
Know More about this tourTake a comfortable transport to the little town of Tivoli, located few kilometres far Rome, in a splendid natural environment between the Eternal city and the high hills to the east of Rome.
Since the ancient time this little town has been blessed by a great climate and always had a key importance due to its location.
The most remarkable architectural complex is Villa Adriana, dating from the Ancient Roman time, created in the 2nd Century A.D. by the Emperor Hadrian. It combines different architectural styles from Egypt, Rome and Athens, in the shape of an 'ideal city'.
For this reason a visit to the villa cannot be missed: is a masterpiece that uniquely brings together the highest symbols of cultures of the world in ancient times. The villa covers more then 120 ha and was the House of the Emperors for more than 50 years.
After this amazing visit, come to discover the Renaissance-style Villa dEste, a gorgeous palatial setting surrounded by a spectacular terraced garden. Enjoy the beauty of its cascades, water tanks, and fountains. Villa d'Este is a masterpiece of the Italian Gardens, decorated with a massive and impressive number of nymph statues, grottos and fountains, inspired by the gardens of Babylon, one of the wonders of ancient world. Strongly desired by the Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, the villa was enlarged and enriched by all his descendants with the contribution of incredible artists of the times, like Gianlorenzo Bernini.
Return to Rome in the afternoon. Coach will stop in Rome city center.
Inclusions for Heritage Site: Villa D'Este And Hadrian's Villa In Tivoli Tour From Rome
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at (Via Ludovisi, Piazza Barberini, Largo S. Susanna, via Cavour, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Heritage Site: Villa D'Este And Hadrian's Villa In Tivoli Tour From Rome
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart, no casual clothing like jeans and shorts
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- Christmas Walking Tour in Rome
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour