OverviewExplore the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg on a 3-hour walking tour with an art-loving guide. With some 3 million pieces of artwork on display, the museum – known officially as the State Hermitage – showcases one of the world’s largest art collections, spanning from prehistoric times to the modern day. See highlights like Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘Benois Madonna,’ learn little-known facts about the artists and their work, and visit the museum’s most extravagant rooms.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Palace Square, and then head inside Hermitage State Museum, St Petersburg’s incredible art gallery. Having started out as a small collection of artwork by Empress Catherine II to impress her guests, the Hermitage has grown into one of the world’s premier art museums, holding a treasure trove of Western European, Oriental, and prehistoric artwork.
Spread across four buildings (comprising the Winter Palace, Little Hermitage, Large Hermitage and Hermitage Theatre) plus more than 120 rooms, the Hermitage is vast and a visit can be overwhelming. So, let your guide take away the hassle, introducing you to the museum’s highlights while explaining the art.
The Western European collection includes art from the Middle Ages right through to the modern period, with artists from nearly every Western European country represented. See masterpieces by Italian greats like Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael; admire Impressionist paintings like Two Sisters (On the Terrace) by Renoir; and gaze in awe at sculptures such as Rodin’s The Age of Bronze. Hear of the artistic periods that are featured at the Hermitage, and learn how to spot differences between Impressionist and Renaissance art.
Besides the impressive artwork, the museum boasts an interior that is notable in its own right. Admire the gilded glamour of the Winter Palace with its crystal chandeliers and grandiose staircases, and then marvel at the Loggia of Raphael – an opulent gallery based on Raphael’s Rooms in the Vatican.
After three hours exploring the rooms with your guide, finish your tour inside the museum. If your visit has whetted your appetite to see more, then stay inside and admire the art independently.
Inclusions for Hermitage Museum Tour In St Petersburg
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Hermitage State Museum
Exclusions for Hermitage Museum Tour In St Petersburg
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.