Hidden Gems Of Bucharest Tour
OverviewVisit places only 10% of Bucharestians know about such as romantic neighborhoods full of history and charm ready to be explored. Get inside tips from your local guide.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourDiscover the history, the architecture and charm of some places most locals dont even know exist.
The evolution of Bucharest is one of the best instances of the ambiguous relationship existing between the Romanian lands and the Ottoman Empire. Although it was not an Ottoman town, it shared many aspects with towns in the Ottoman area of influence.
One of these shared aspects was the division by Mahallas. Mahallas were small quarters of the town which arose around a religious building and which were often inhabited by a homogeneous community of people belonging to the same ethnic, social or religious groups.
As the town grew, mahallas fused with each other giving birth to wider neighborhoods that suffered through waves of modernization, earthquakes, wars and Ceausescu's demolition projects. This was the fate of neighborhoods like the Armenian Quarter, Mantuleasa, the Old Jewish Quarter & Batistei. Discover and learn about all the mixtures of architecture, cultures and cuisines.
Walking around the oldest parts of the city can make you thirsty, so, to top it all off, also included is some leisure time in Bucharests most beautiful summer gardens and teahouses, some of them are in 100-year-old houses. Stop and take some refreshments (own expense).
Inclusions for Hidden Gems Of Bucharest Tour
- One refreshment
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Hidden Gems Of Bucharest Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest
- Small-Group Day Trip to North Bulgaria
- 2-Day Small-Group Tour to Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Peles Castle, Sighisoara and Viscri Village with Overnight in Brasov
- 7-Day Private Tour of Romania and Serbia from Bucharest
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour