High Line And Chelsea Walking Tour - New York City
OverviewThe High Line, an elevated freight rail line converted into a park, has become a classic New York City attraction. Couple it with Chelsea, the neighborhood it goes through, and youve got one action-packed and informative 2-hour guided tour. Get an insiders tour of this area, complete with outstanding architecture, and get the lowdown on the trendy Meatpacking District as well.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Chelsea Market to begin this exciting and information-packed 2-hour guided walk through the elevated park known as the High Line as well as Chelsea and the trendy Meatpacking District.
Expect to be wowed by the High Line. Once a functioning elevated railway line for cargo that went all the way down the west side of Manhattan, the railway fell into disuse and was abandoned in the 1970s. It sat there unused and unloved for decades until a group of locals, with a few celebrities tossed in for good measure, began a movement to turn it into a park. They succeeded. The first phase was completed in 2009. In September 2014, the final phase opened, completing a park that is enjoyed equally by tourists and locals.
Learn about all the public art in the park, as well as the new buildings by famous architects that can be seen from the High Line. Check out Chelsea, a hip neighborhood known for its art galleries, restaurants and bars. At the end of the High Line, explore the Meatpacking District, a neighborhood that was once, as the name suggests, home to the citys meat industry. Today its a super-trendy neighborhood with a hot nightlife scene.
In 2 hours and just over a mile of walking, youll see an insiders view of New York, leaving you ready to continue to explore these areas on your own.
Inclusions for High Line And Chelsea Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for High Line And Chelsea Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. If canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.