Take your afternoon tea at the colonial-inspired David Brown's Restaurant and Tea Terrace, tucked away on Penang Hill. A private guide accompanies you on this 3-hour tour, including a ride on the worlds oldest funicular railway to the summit of Penang Hill. Enjoy English high tea in the cool, refreshing air above Georgetown and take in the magnificent birds-eye-view of the city below. Round-trip hotel transport by private vehicle is included.
- Excellent value for money
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourBegin your private tour in Penang at 2pm with hotel pickup by air-conditioned private vehicle. Your guide will take you straight to the Georgetown station, where you’ll board the Penang Hill Funicular Railway, in operation since 1922. The ride up Penang Hill takes approximately 10 to 20 minutes, with the lush natural landscape on display en route to the top.
When you reach the summit, 2,625 feet (800 meters) above sea level, you’ll appreciate the exhilarating views of Georgetown and mainland Malaysia beyond. Step foot inside David Brown's Restaurant, where your private party will be served English high tea in the cool, refreshing climate.
Marvel at the old-world furnishings and British-style colonial charm of the restaurant, surrounded by greenery, well-manicured gardens and a beautiful lily pond. Enjoy a delightful selection of scones, crumpets, jam and clotted cream with your tea while you are served by the friendly and professional staff. After tea, take a stroll around the summit with your guide before descending on the funicular train and returning to your Penang hotel.
Inclusions for High Tea On Penang Hill With Private Transfers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Afternoon tea
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Train ticket
Exclusions for High Tea On Penang Hill With Private Transfers
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.