On this 5.5-hour tour you will view historic Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados and its Garrison, a World Heritage Site.Â Drive through Holetown, the site of the first British settlement.Â Admire the mega-yachts in the Port St Charles and Port Ferdinand marinas. Next, take a guided tour of St Nicholas Abbey Plantation and its distillery, and taste their rum.Â Enjoy lunch and drinks at Sunbury Plantation, and see the largest collection of vintage horse carriages on the island.Â This tour includesÂ round-trip hotel transportation.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- All-inclusive tour
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
Experience the people, culture, and history of Barbados on this tour. Take in scenic views and splendid architecture, feast on the delicious local cuisine, and enjoy the beer and rum that’s produced on the island.
The tour will take you through historic Bridgetown and to the Garrison, which is now a World Heritage Site. Next you will head north along the western coast, known by the locals as the Platinum Coast because of the number of million-dollar homes in the area. Holetown, the next site of interest, was the first British settlement. View St James Anglican Church, built on the site of the first place of worship on Barbados.
You’ll then head northwest to the small but historic town of Speightstown. Passing by two beautiful marinas, Port St Charles and Port Ferdinand, where you can see the mega-yachts moored there. As you leave the west coast and travel to the north-east side of the island, you’ll make the first official stop of the tour at the St Nicholas Abbey Plantation. Enjoy a guided tour of the plantation house and its rum distillery. You’ll be offered a complimentary rum or fruit punch and also have a chance to taste their magnificent non-blended rum.
Continue east along the shoreline and experience the full force of the Atlantic Ocean crashing onto the island. At breathtaking Bathsheba you’ll see the famous surfing spot known as the Soup Bowl. This is a surfers’ paradise, featuring mushroom-shaped boulders offshore. Stop at the Sunbury Plantation Great House for lunch, drinks, and a guided tour of the house, which has the largest collection of vintage horse carriages on the island.
Inclusions for Highlights Of Barbados Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- Driver / Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
Exclusions for Highlights Of Barbados Sightseeing Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.