Highlights Of Baroque Rome: Squares And Fountains With The Trevi Fountain Gem
OverviewExplore Rome's classical fountains and squares as you take this walking tour to see the city's baroque gems. On this tour, you'll visit some of Rome's most famous historical monuments, including the Trevi Fountain, Navona Square and Spanish Steps, with a professional guide. Admire gorgeous Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the Domitians Circus and adorned by the Fountain of the Four Rivers, a masterpiece by Gian Lorenzo Bernini realized in 1651. And at the Church of St Louis of the French, see paintings by Caravaggio.
Know More about this tour
Did you know that Rome is one of the cities with the major number of fountains and squares in the world? Wander through its ancient streets with us, well let you discover the most suggestive ones!
Among the first things to do in Rome, there is undoubtedly to explore its characteristic maze of streets and its captivating puzzle of fountains and scenographic squares. If you believe that an open-air walk represents the best way to visit a new place or if you have been enchanted by the stunning Trevi Fountain in Fellinis film Dolce Vita, this is your tour. Come with us!
Well start exactly from there. You will meet our guide in front of the entrance of the Accademia Nazionale di San Luca, close to the square Piazza di Trevi and to the impressive Trevi Fountain. When you get close to the fountain, dont forget to throw a coin into it - its the best magic trick to come back in the Eternal City again!
Then, your next stop will be the famous Piazza di Spagna with the Barcaccia fountain, by Bernini, in the center of the square. Since 18th century, both Romans and foreign travelers have loved their romantic atmosphere, the classy cafes and boutiques and the nearby monumental Spanish Steps. Up the stairs, you will also able to admire the picture-perfect Church of Trinità dei Monti - another emblematic panoramic sight of Rome.
Finally, after a nice walk through the streets of the capital, you will arrive in Piazza Navona. It was built over an ancient Roman arena, but its still considered one of the most joyful and elegant squares in the whole city. Again, its main attractions are three monumental fountains: the breathtaking Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, representing the four big rivers Nile, Ganges, Danube and Rio de la Plata as giant human beings, and the Fontana del Nettuno at the northern end and the Fontana del Moro at the southern end.
Inclusions for Highlights Of Baroque Rome: Squares And Fountains With The Trevi Fountain Gem
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Highlights Of Baroque Rome: Squares And Fountains With The Trevi Fountain Gem
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour operates on a daily basis
This tour starts at 11:00 a.m.
Please reach the following meeting point by 10:45 a.m, in front the entrance of Accademia Nazionale di San Luca in Piazza Accademia di San Luca, 77 look for our assistant with an 'I Love Rome' pink logo flag and uniform
This tour ends at 12:30 a.m. approx.
Tour available in English only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome