Highlights Of British Museum Guided Tour - London
OverviewGet a glimpse into the century old grandeur of the British culture, with this exclusive tour that gives you a sneak peek into the British Museum. There’s Rosetta Stone, Egyptian mummies, hieroglyphics and ancient artworks that you can admire. The whole tour is carefully and meticulously planned to give you a precise tour that packs everything in just two hours. Each participant is presented with headsets and the tour is conducted in small groups, so as to allow each one to take the tour without any hassle.
- See the best of the British Museum’s huge collection in just two hours!
- Our expertly trained guide will be sure that all of your questions are answered.
- Our British Museum Tour follows a carefully planned route to show you the best of this huge collection.
- Hear stories of strange Anglo Saxon burial techniques and understand how Egyptian hieroglyphics were finally deciphered using the Rosetta Stone.
- Leave the Work to Us : Relax and enjoy your experience without fussing over maps or straining to hear.
- Small group sizes and audio headsets mean your guide will be easy to hear and interact with.
Know More about this tour
With eight million pieces spanning two millennia spread over a museum measuring one million square feet, this is one of the world’s most comprehensive art collections, but also one of its most intimidating. Be sure that you see the best of it on our British Museum Tours, with an expert, English-speaking guide to tell you the stories that bring the collection to life.
With small group sizes of only 20 people or fewer and audio headsets when appropriate, you won’t have to compete for your guide’s attention or struggle to keep up, ensuring that your experience is as relaxed and enjoyable as every visit should be.
We’ve carefully crafted the perfect route through this huge museum to be sure that you see the most important pieces in just two hours. You’ll visit the Egyptian Room to see an impressive collection of ancient mummies. Here your guide will teach you about life and death in the age of Cleopatra. This wing also houses sphinxes, sculptures and the Rosetta Stone, which helped experts to accurately translate Egyptian hieroglyphics.
We’ll visit Ancient Greece where you’ll see the Parthenon Frieze, a huge relief only one meter in height but 160 meters long. Once upon a time this artwork stood in the Acropolis in Athens, the heart of Classical Greece. If ancient artworks could talk they’d tell you stories like those you’ll hear from your guide here, about the philosophers, mathematicians and astrologers that gathered beneath it to put the world to rights.
While the British Museum contains works from all over the world, some of its most important pieces originate from a little closer to home. With your expert guide at the helm you’ll see one of the world’s most important archaeological discoveries – artifacts and remains found at the site of an Anglo Saxon ship burial in Sutton Hoo. Discovered in 1939, this 27-meter ship marks the burial of an important leader, possibly even a king. Over 1,000 years ago it was dragged up a hill, filled with the remains of the king and a number of precious offerings, and buried in sand where it remained untouched for a millennium. As your guide will explain, surviving the effects of time and the hands of grave robbers was an unlikely feat, making this incredible discovery a rare and precious find.
With so much to explore, you could spend a week at the British Museum and still not see it all. Be sure that you experience the best of the collection in just a few hours with our expert guide. With small group sizes, we make sure that you get the most from every precious moment, while our passionate guides teach you about the different cultures and eras that gave us such incredible pieces.
Note:- The meeting point of the tour is at British Museum, at 10:00am.
Inclusions for Highlights Of British Museum Guided Tour
- Expert, English-speaking guide to lead you directly to the highlights
- A tailor-made itinerary showcasing the very best of the museum
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Audio headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport