Highlights Of Old Dhaka Including Kawran And Shankhari Bazar Visit And LunchWrite a Review
OverviewWeâre cramming in all the highlights of Dhaka on this small group city tour that leads you into the old city: along the waterfront, through markets, and into the historic Shankhari Bazar district. And of course, no Dhaka tour would be complete without a ride aboard a rickshaw!
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
This Dhaka tour will lead you into the old city, where weâll explore sites like the Kawran Bazar vegetable market, which is located close to the rail line and an excellent spot for people-watching and snapping photos. Hundreds of people come here to shop and to work, and itâll give you a great peek into daily life in Dhaka.Â
Weâll then find our way over to the flower market and along the Sadarghat waterfront. This bustling port is constantly buzzing with activity, as boats of all sizes ferry passengers and cargo along the Buriganga River.Â
Next up, weâll head to Ahsan Manzil, also known as the Pink Palace, which was built in the 1800s as the residential palace of the Nawab family. Today, itâs a national museum showing the history of the royal home. If the museum is open, weâll go in and take a look around (note that the museum is closed on Thursdays â the tour will still run those days, and youâll see the museum from the outside).
From there, weâll go explore Shankhari Bazar, one of the oldest areas of Old Town, and the site of many historic Hindu temples â in fact, while Dhaka is primarily a Muslim city, this district has the highest concentrations of Hindus in all of Dhaka. In addition to seeing signs of local Hindu culture, youâll also see an Armenian church from the 18th century and the spectacular Star Mosque.
And of course, because this is the city of rickshaws, weâll include a ride as we sight see, so you can really get a feel for local life as you take in the cityâs most iconic sites!
Weâll finish up our tour with lunch at a local restaurant specializing in Chinese, Thai, Indian, and Bengali cuisines, where you can unwind with your new friends, and get any tips you need for the rest of your day in Dhaka!
Inclusions for Highlights Of Old Dhaka Including Kawran And Shankhari Bazar Visit And Lunch
- Hotel pick-up
- Local English-speaking guide
- Lunch and mineral water
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Highlights Of Old Dhaka Including Kawran And Shankhari Bazar Visit And Lunch
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of personal nature
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dhaka is a conservative Muslim city; itâs recommended that you dress modestly (no tank tops or short shorts). As this trip includes a visit to a mosque, both men and women should have a shirt with long sleeves.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
A maximum of 12 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.