Highlights Of Trabzon Tour With Private Guide
OverviewVisiting Sumela Monastery, St. Sophia Museum, Ataturk Residence, Ortahisar Fatih Mosque
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOnce you arrive to the Port of Trabzon, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion to Sumela Monastery.
Sumela Monastery is a Greek Orthodox monastery dedicated to Virgin Mary which was built between 75AD and 95AD and founded in 386AD during reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, Legend has it that two priests undertook its creation after discovering a miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary in a cave on the mountain. During its long history, the monastery fell into ruin several times and was restored by various emperors. During the 6th century, it was restored and enlarged by General Belisarius at the behest of Justinian.
After the visit of Sumela Monastery we will head to St Sophia Museum which is a Chalcedonian (Greek Orthodox) church located in the city of Trabzon in the north-eastern part of Turkey. It dates back to the thirteenth century when Trabzon was the capital of the Empire of Trebizond.
Our next stop on this shore excursion is residence of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of Turkish Republic. The manor maintains its original decor and truly reflects the atmosphere of an early 20th century Turkish mansion.
Before returning to your cruise ship, you will visit Ortahisar Buyuk Fatih Mosque, also known as The Golden-Headed Mary Church which was converted into a mosque by the Ottomans upon conquering the city in 1461. Interestingly, the church is identified mainly with the Ottomans even though its architecture is distinctly Byzantine and likely hosted several crowning ceremonies for Byzantine Emperors before the city was invaded. After all the visits, you will turn back to port of Trabzon.
Inclusions for Highlights Of Trabzon Tour With Private Guide
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Highlights Of Trabzon Tour With Private Guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket