Highlights Of Tuscany: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti And Pisa With Lunch In A Chianti Winery
OverviewEnjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tuscany in a single memorable day with a delicious lunch including two famous Chianti wines!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourDepart for Siena, driving through the lovely Chianti vineyards, getting there while the town is still immersed in early morning drowsiness; the perfect time of day to wander around the pedestrian-friendly heart of this beautiful hilltop town, drenched in history.
Upon arrival in Siena our local guide will take you on a guided walking tour along the small medieval streets and squares, passing the oldest bank in the world, and the Piazza del Campo - site of the famous 600-year-old Palio horse-race, to the spectacular Cathedral. During your free time, stroll through Siena at your own pace. A short journey then takes us to a family run wine-farm in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. Here we shall have a delicious, traditional Tuscan lunch served with two typical wines from our region. After lunch, departure for San Gimignano, Unesco world heritage, famous for the still intact mediaeval town planning. It is often nicknamed the Manhattan of the Middle Ages because its famous tall, narrow towers create a skyline that looks a bit like a modern city.
Here you have free time to explore the town centre, the charming craftsmens shops along the cobbled stone streets and small squares.
From San Gimignano, we drive past hilltop hamlets, or little churches, scattered over some of the most beautiful and enchanting countryside. We finally wind down the hillsides towards the coast, to Pisa, our last destination for the day. Getting off the coach, we reach the Field of Miracles, a green grass field dominated by the dazzling white buildings of the Cathedral or Duomo, the Tower and the Baptistery - exquisite examples of Pisan Romanesque architecture: the Leaning Tower is almost 56 meters tall (about 183 ft). It leans at about 4 degrees, making it one of the most famous and iconic buildings in the world. You are in one of the most renowned places in the world: revel in it, take creative photographs or wander off down the local streets.
Please note that the order of the visits may change
Inclusions for Highlights Of Tuscany: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti And Pisa With Lunch In A Chianti Winery
- Transportation by GT Bus
- Tour Escort
- Siena local Guide
- Siena Cathedral entrance fee
- Wine Tasting and lunch
- Hearphones for the Guided Visit of Siena
Exclusions for Highlights Of Tuscany: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti And Pisa With Lunch In A Chianti Winery
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable shoes suggested
Appropriate clothing is recommended to visit places of worship
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Explore the city of Pisa with Leaning Tower climbing and entrance to the Cathedral included
- Pisa Food Tour
- Pisa Off-The-Beaten-Path 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour
- Private Bike Tour Through Pisa with Local Guide
- Portoferraio, the fisherman village chosen by Etruscans, Medici and Napoleon
- Private Transfer Pisa Airport to Florence
- Private Pisa Transfer Airport to Hotel
- Private Pisa Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry to the Leaning Tower of Pisa