Higuey Half Day Safari Tour - Punta Cana
OverviewThis is one of the most traditional tours departing from Punta Cana; it goes to Bavaro, an immersion in the culture and history of the Dominican Republic. The journey begins at the Altagracia Museum where you will admire the unique and precious pieces that conform its collection.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- All-inclusive tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourFirst, head to the Higey Basilica. Devotees from every corner of the country flock this awe-inspiring shrine. As the Dominican Republics largest religious monument, it covers amassive area. As a distinctive structure in the shape of a Latin cross, this is a masterpiece of French architects. Visitors are led in through a somber bronze entryway plated in 24-kt. gold.
On his second visit to the country, Pope John Paul II crowned an image of Virgin of Altagracia, a remarkable gilded silver diadem. A lofty bell tower guarding 45 bronze carillons are pleasing visual stimuli for the passerbys, engulfing them in a celestial aura. Despite your religious beliefs, this sacred place radiates a sensation of peace and tranquility. This part of the tour leads you across Main Street, come eye to eye with its many monuments, restaurants and street vendors. Mingle with ordinary citizens and experience firsthand the peculiarities of everyday life and the quirks of their culture. It is a motley of color, culture and flavor.
The Cross of Forgiveness is located in an area of the park adjourning the church, where the customs of the people of Higey are deeply-rooted. The sanctuary holds invaluable jewelry, a novelty piece for the prying eyes of those who visit. A gorgeous silver frame with the image of the Virgin of Altagracia can be seen, highlighted by precious stone incrustations underlined by an eloquent emerald bounded by crystals property of Saint Pius X.
Next on the itinerary, you will disperse in the area neighboring the Higey Marketplace. Astray among the hustle bustle of busy streets and continual seesawing of cars, trucks, vans and motorcycles, you will appreciate the day to day occurrences of rural life. Get caught up in the beliefs and customs of their people. Learn how master craftsmen manufacture cigars by hand. Discover how tobacco has, for centuries, remained a staple of the Dominican economy, traditionally used in the making of the worlds best cigars. Take a look at their inventory, harnessing the opportunity of purchasing renowned brands, at unheard of prices. During this tour you may also purchase the best Dominican rum and visit quaint kiosks where the most distinctive and chic samples of local craftsmanship and costume jewelry are on display.
Inclusions for Higuey Half Day Safari Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Higuey Half Day Safari Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Outback Safari Adventure Tour from Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Small-Group Sailing and Snorkeling Catamaran Tour
- Half Day Safari Tour of Punta Cana
- Shark and Stingray Snorkel Tour in Punta Cana
- Full-Day Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana
- Half-Day Zip Line Adventure from Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Party Cruise with Snorkeling
- Private Punta Cana Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride