Ancient Kamiros hiking route passes through pinewoods, where the sunlight is spreading impressively among the pine needles and tranquility prevails. The Mediterranean vineyards and farms color the scenery and the blue sea view surprises as appearing right beneath the Ancient ruins.Our daytrip starts by picking you up from the hotel with our comfy air conditioned vehicle (pick up time ~08:00am). Taking the downhill path from Profitis Ilias Mt., you enjoy a few hours of exciting walking. Leaving the beautiful vineyards and the colorful farms with fruits and vegetables behind you, you reach the City of Ancient Kamiros (5th century B.C.), where you have the priviledge to wander around the ruins of the so called Greeces Pompeiiand admire the sea view in front of you. It is time for lunch and what could be a better setup than a traditional tavern by the sea? Enjoy your lunch and relax at the beautiful sandy beach until you are transfered back at your hotel at around 4pm.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
8am approx. hotel pick up Monday to Sunday Need to be outside the hotel entrance 10 minutes before the start time Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Hotel pick up (for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city). For hotels located further, pick up is available upon request. , If hotel pick up is not selected, departure location "Salakos" .. read more
Return Details :
Hotel drop off (for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city). For hotels located further, drop off is available upon request. If hotel pick up & drop off is not selected: "Salakos.. read more
OverviewHike in the mountains is pretty common. But hiking in the mountain with final destination the ruins of an ancient city of 5th century B.C. is not and it is found on Rhodes Island. Hiking day trip to Ancient city of Kamiros begins by taking the downhill path from Profitis Ilias Mt. While enjoying a few hours of exciting walking through vineyards and farms with fruits and vegetables, you reach the City of Ancient kamiros (5th century B.C.). You have the opportunity to wander around the ruins of the so called Greeces Pompeii and admire the sea view in front of you. Enjoy a delicious traditional lunch by the sea and relax at the beautiful sandy beach. A full hiking day trip that combines hiking in the mediterranean type of mountain, visiting a popular ancient sight of Rhodes, taste traditional dishes by the sea and relax on the beach, all in one!
- Local taxes
- Viator brokerage fee
- Ticket to the Ancient City of Kamiros arhaeological site
- Drinks (one refreshment or one draft beer or one glass of wine per person)
- Bottled water
- Lunch with local dishes (such as Greek salad, feta cheese, eggplant salad, meat balls, stuffed vine leaves (dolmadakia), chickpeas pies (pittaroudia), tzatziki, fresh fried potatoes, pumpkin balls, ALL made by Greek olive oil).
- Snack localy made by honey and sesame.
- Driver / guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city. For hotels located further, pick up & drop off are available upon request.
- Private tour / Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hiking equipment
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by adults
Not recommended for children aged 10 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operated by a guide in english and french (upon request)
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A maximum of seven people per booking. It is offered for more than 7 persons, pricing upon request.
Not recommended for participants with mobilty limitation
Hiking Difficulty level: easy - moderate
Length: 8,8 km (3 hours approx. of hiking)
Duration: ~8 hours (totally)
A current valid passport is required on the day of the tour
Sportswear, sunscreens, hats and a camera. Do not forget you swim suit!
Season: Recommended from April to end of June & September to early November. July and August are very hot, so it is recommended either very early in the morning or afternoon after 6pm with program adaptations
It can be offered exclusively (privately) upon request for up to seven pax (no extra charges)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.