OverviewThe White Mountains Recreation Area has over 200 miles of trails. The area offers stunning scenery, peaceful solitude and outstanding opportunities for those with a taste of adventure. If you are looking for a hike into the wilderness with breathtaking scenery, this will be the right place for you.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tour
The Wickersham Dome Trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in the White Mountains, close to Fairbanks, 28 miles on the Elliot Highway. The boreal forest offers a mix of white and black spruce, birch and aspen as well as alpine country. In open and higher elevations you can take in panoramic views of hills and ranges all around you.
In late summer and early fall you will be treated to a colorful arctic landscape all around you and you may be able to pick blueberries, cranberries and crow berries. Growing along the trail you will find many different plants, that feel like tiny gardens: azaleas and other flowers. We may even spot some wildlife along the way. Perhaps a moose, or snowshoe hare, owls, or hawks or even a bald eagle.
There will be ample time for taking pictures and exploring during our breaks and along the way!
Inclusions for Hike Into The Wilderness At Wickersham Dome
- Local guide
Exclusions for Hike Into The Wilderness At Wickersham Dome
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour duration is about 6-8 hours (transportation time is not included)
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
You might also like
- Snowshoe Tour At Chena Lakes
- Arctic Circle Day Trip From Fairbanks
- Northern Lights Lodge Viewing In Fairbanks
- Chena Hot Springs Tour
- Chena River Canoe Adventure From Fairbanks
- Northern Lights Viewing At Murphy Dome
- Denali Highway Photography Tour
- Chena Hot Springs Tour From Fairbanks
- Arctic Circle And Northern Lights Tour From Fairbanks