Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for experienced hikers. You must have previous hiking experience and be able to overcome rocks (no climbing though) and rugged and uneven terrain. Be prepared to use your entire body. There is minor exposure in a few places, so good balance and coordination skills are required.
- Grading: This trip is graded as Challenging Red grading not so much for the length or elevation gain, but more for the challenging terrain.
By minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bod.
Season & Availability
May - September. May be possible in wintertime, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
- Terrain: Sandy beaches, pebble beaches, coastal cliffs, rocks and sparse pine forests. Most of the route has no rock cairns or trail markers.
- Total length: The hike itself is approx. 7 km round trip (same length for the round trip). The mileage from Bod by car (or minibus) is 25 km.
- Elevation: Most of the hike will follow the coastline (with some ups and downs). The highest point is no more than 75 metres above sea level.
- Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
- Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes) is a must.
- A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
- A knowledgeable, English speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
- Transport from town centre to starting point and back to town after trip is included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.