Hiking And Underground City Tour - GoremeWrite a Review
Hiking through spectacular valleys is one of the best things you can do in Cappadocia. On this trip you can expect a 4 km hiking in Red valley, the most popular place for walking due to its colorful and breathtaking fairy chimneys.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter pick up from the hotel and meeting a guide you are ready to explore an amazing Cappadocia with our hiking and underground city tour. First of all you are going to visit Red valley which is one of the most spectacular valleys of Cappadocia. It will surprise you with its different shape of rock formations in rose, red, yellow and orange colors. The total distance on your hike through the colorful and breathtaking fairy chimneys of Red valley is 4 km.
You can also expect to visit some cave churches, cave houses and cave tunnels. Next place you will go is an old Greek village Cavusin which is very famous for the rock cut churches. You can hike around the ruins exploring the structures left centuries ago by the villages former Greek inhabitants, and walk up the hill to visit rock cut churches.
Then you will stop at a local restaurant for a delicious lunch. After the lunch you will visit the largest underground city of Cappadocia - Kaymakli underground city. It was opened to visitors in 1964 and consists of 8 levels (only 4 are open). You will walk through the narrow corridors and discover numerous rooms carved from the soft volcanic stone. You will see rolling-stone doors, deep wells and ventilation shafts. It will be an unforgettable memorable experience.
After Kaymakli underground city you will visit Pigeon valley which is named for the many pigeon houses or dovecotes carved into the rocks. The last stop will be Ortahisar rock castle, the biggest fairy chimney of Cappadocia. General view over the Ortahisar town will remain in your memory for a long time. It is looking like a truly fairy tail town with a huge rock towering over it.
Inclusions for Hiking And Underground City Tour
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees to the sites and museums
- Lunch in a local restaurant
Exclusions for Hiking And Underground City Tour
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
You might also like
- Cappadocia Daily Red Tour With Lunch
- 2 Hour ATV Tours Around Goreme And Surrounding Valleys
- Cappadocia ATV Tour
- Cappadocia Full-Day Tour From Goreme
- Sunset Horseback Riding Tour In Cappadocia
- Private Cappadocia Tour Including Balloon
- One Day Cappadocia Red Private Tour With Lunch Included
- Private Tour: Cappadocia Full Day City Tour
- Private Tour: Highlights Of Cappadocia With Uchisar Castle
- South Cappadocia Green Tour With Trekking In Ihlara Valley