Hiking Day Ciucas Mountain - Bucharest
OverviewIf you love the nature and wildlife or breath-taking landscapes and mountain hiking adventure, we suggest you to join us in this hiking tour of Carpathian Mountains in Ciucas Mountain Range. You will be picked-up from Bucharest and transfer to the foothills of Ciucas Mountain, from where the outdoor adventure starts. This tour requires at least hiking boots, small backpack and good physical and mental condition. The level of difficulty is medium to high.
Know More about this tour
The car transfer from Bucharest will last for 3 hours and once we reach Cheia Mountain Resort we will embark to a wonderful outdoor adventure of this remote part of Carpathians.
In the area of Cheia Mountain Resort, is a high concentration of ozone in the air due to the dense pine and beech forests. So take a deep breath of this healthy mountain air and let`s go for a hike.
First part of the hiking tour pass over the Red Mountain. If you are in Romania during the month of June, you can do this hiking trip in the Ciucas Mountains and you have a chance to step on the red carpet of flowers. This is probably the largest field with Rhododendron Flowers in Romania. But, even if you miss the flowers of Rhododendron, this is an excellent walk and perfect escape for a one-day trip from Bucharest.
From the Red Mountain, take your time to admire the Ciucas Peak in all its glory. You can also see from here the Bucegi Mountains together with the Heroes Cross from Caraiman Peak.
Moving forward, we will take the winding path and step into the wild forest. Soon you will get to the Teleajen River and take the forest road that goes to Ciucas Hut, from where you can see the whole Earth spreading in front of your eyes. After a short break we continue the hiking tour towards Ciucas Peak.
The last part of the trail become a little more difficult, but once you are above 1800 you will be rewarded with some stunning mountain scenery. Going even up you will admire the natural wonders of this Mountain: The gossip Ladies, The Goliath Tower, The Dove`s Head, The hand of Devil.
Once you get to the Ciucas Peak, the wind can blow very hard but you will have your moment of glory taking some nice pictures and selfies.
After this delightful mountain adventure we take the way back to Ciucas Hut where we can warm our self with a delicious Romanian traditional lunch or get a refreshing cold beer Ciucas Beer.
From here our descending continue back to Red Mountain on the same trekking route.
Inclusions for Hiking Day Ciucas Mountain
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Hiking Day Ciucas Mountain
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Private Tour of Bucharest with Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov Monastery
- Discovering Romania 2 days Private Tour from Bucharest
- Full-Day Private Tour from Bucharest to Transylvania at Sinaia Castle, Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress plus Dino Park and Valea Cetatii Cave
- Communism Tour of Bucharest
- Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress and Sinaia Castle Day Trip from Bucharest
- Private Bucharest One Way Airport Transfer