Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for beginners and intermediates. You dont need any specific skills. That said you should have some outdoor experience in walking before you arrive.
- Grading: This trip is graded as Medium
By bus from/to downtown Bod.
Season & Availability
We run this tour year-round, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
- Terrain: you must be able to walk on gravel roads, trail in slightly hilly terrain and partly steep stone stairs.
- Total length: approx. 5 km up and down.
- Elevation: from starting point 45 (140*) metres above sea level to top Keiservarden 366 m a.s.l.
(*Two optional starting points, the upper start point is not within reach by public transport.)
What do I need to bring?
You should bring
- Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
- Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes) is an advantage.
- A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
We will provide
- A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
- In winter: best snow spikes and headlamps available. This way the trip could be enjoyable even when dark and in winter.
- Transport from town centre to starting point and back to town after trip is included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.