Hiking Day Trip To La Garganta Verde And Zahara De La Sierra From Seville
OverviewExperience Cádizs natural beauty on this private hiking day trip to La Garganta Verde and Zahara de la Sierra, from Seville. Go on a 2-hour adventure hike through La Garganta Verde, a stunning gorge inside Grazalema Natural Park. The trail crosses a deep river, so swimming know-how, waterproof shoes, and swimsuits are recommended. Then visit the picturesque white village of Zahara de la Sierra, and admire panoramic views from its hilltop castle, overlooking Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park.
Know More about this tourSee the Garganta Verde, a spectacular canyon carved by the Arroyo del Pinar River, located about 3 miles (5 km) from Zahara de la Sierra village, in Sierra de Grazalema park. It gets its name from the dense vegetation covering vertical walls that reach up to 1,300 feet (400 meters). Do a 2-hour hike on the 1.5-mile (2.5 km) trail running alongside the canyon. Keep an eye out for scrub of broom, wild olive trees, fan palms, mastic trees, goldfinches, stonechats, and warblers, and glimpse the rock faces of La Garganta.
Stop at the El Arroyo de Bocaleones observation balcony to appreciate the gorges full size. Here you can see one of Europes largest breeding colonies of griffon vultures. Continue to Zahara de la Sierra, a popular white village in Cádiz province. See its castle, built on a rocky peak high above the lakes turquoise waters, and see the whitewashed houses of this white village below. Visit during Andalusias hot summers, and you will soon discover the reason for the houses light color.
With land covering more than 43 square miles (70 square km), the town is surrounded on all sides by hills ranging between 1,000 to 3,280 feet (310 to 1,000 meters). With about 1,600 inhabitants, it is known as Zahareños, likely coming from the Arab word sahra, meaning desert.
Inclusions for Hiking Day Trip To La Garganta Verde And Zahara De La Sierra From Seville
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Hotel
- Hiking trail at "La Garganta Verde" crossing a river (swimming knowledge requiered)
- Tour in Zahara de la Sierra, ,
Exclusions for Hiking Day Trip To La Garganta Verde And Zahara De La Sierra From Seville
- Gratuities (optional)
- Expenses not specified above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wear sport sandals or water-proof shoes, cap, bring drinks, snacks, sunscreen
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.