Hiking Expedition At Angels Rock - Fairbanks
OverviewOne of the most popular trails in the Interior of Alaska is Angel Rocks, 55 miles east of Fairbanks, in the glorious Chena River Recreation Area.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
The 3.5 mile loop leads through amazing rock formations. Starting at the trail head parking lot the hike leads us along the Chena River. After passing a small stream over mossy rocks, the trail climbs uphill winding past a large valley overlooking tor. The trail is wide and maintained at the beginning eventually turning into a typical footpath, well marked with rock cairns.
Angel Rock is famous for its many rock outcrops and granite tors which were formed over thousands and thousands of years and tower over the Angel Creek Valley offering wonderful vistas and a place to catch your breath and take pictures. At the top, 1.8 miles from the trail head, the trail runs along the ridge. The area around the rocks is pleasant, the stunning view from Angel Rocks down into the Angel Creek Valley is gorgeous, the ridge that follows Chena Dome Trail is just fantastic. We will have ample time and opportunities to do some exploring of the area and learn about the ecosystem.
There is always a good chance to spot wildlife such as beavers, grouse, moose, black- or grizzly bears just to name a few (please note, not guaranteed).
Inclusions for Hiking Expedition At Angels Rock
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Hiking Expedition At Angels Rock
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You Might Also Like
- Fairbanks Ice Fishing Expedition in a Heated Cabin with Fish Cookout
- Fairbanks-Evening Aurora Viewing Tour
- Fairbanks-Chena Hot Springs Aurora Tour
- Aurora Borealis Viewing and Ice Fishing Adventure
- Snowmobile Adventure from North Pole
- Chena River Canoe Adventure from Fairbanks
- Arctic Circle Full-Day Adventure from Fairbanks
- Chena Hot Springs Tour from Fairbanks