Hiking Mutianyu Wall & Stroll Summer Palace Private Tour With 2 Options - Beijing
OverviewBe met in your hotel lobby by your driver or if choosing Option 2, your own English speaking guide. Youll be driven to the Mutianyu Great Wall, one of the best preserved sections, a section that is less crowded, so highly recommended for those who want to leave the crowds, cars and craziness behind and enjoy the sights to their fullest. Youll have plenty of time to take in the sites, explore the Watch Towers and admire the breathtaking scenery. After your descent, enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant. Choose to feast on an array of dumplings or some other traditional dish, such as Kung Pao Chicken, a spicy stir fry. After lunch youll be driven to the Summer Palace, one of the finest royal gardens in China, where you can stroll along its pristine lake and lavish gardens and even take a boat trip on the lake. Your tour offers a flexible drop off point to any centrally located spot, perhaps a restaurant for an early dinner or if you prefer, back to your hotel.
Know More about this tour
Expect to be picked up by private vehicle around 8.30 am, with your driver or personal guide waiting for you in your hotel lobby.
Youll travel directly to the Mutianyu Great Wall, a 1.5 hour drive out of the city, approximately KMs. There youll have about 2 hours to explore the site, its Watch Towers and breathtaking scenery. The Mutianyu wall is not only one of the most diverse but also one of the best preserved sections. On route your driver or guide, (Option 2) will point out some of Beijing's architecture and history.
The Wall dates back to the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557), then rebuilt again in the Ming Dynasty (1368 -1644) to provide a protective defence barrier to guard the capital and imperial mausoleums from invaders.
There are 23 Watch Towers distributed along its more than 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) length. This stretch of the UNESCO listed Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings, including dense forests and rich pastures, as such it provides many photographic opportunities. Its also the most family friendly, being easier to navigate with young children.
While you can ascend the ramparts by foot, the path is very steep and takes about an hour. Its best to save time and energy and take one of the two quick access routes, cable car (to the northern entrance), or the chair lift, (to the south). For those choosing Option 2, tickets for the return trip, to and from the ramparts are included.
After your visit to the Wall youll have the option to have lunch at a local restaurant. One of its specialities is Kung Pao Chicken, a classic Sichuan dish, a spicy stir fry of chicken, peanuts, vegetables, and chili peppers.
After lunch youll travel to The Summer Palace situated in the Haidian District northwest of Beijing, a 1.5 hour drive from the wall. The Palace is one of the largest and most well preserved royal parks in China. Youll spend a leisurely hour strolling through the beautiful grounds, enjoying such sites as the Seventeen arch bridge, Longevity Hill, the beautiful art decorated Long Corridor, depicting some of the stories from Chinese history and the Tower of Buddhist Incense to name a few. Kunming Lake is the central lake that covers some two thirds of the grounds forming a key landscape feature of the Palace gardens.
The construction of the Summer Palace commenced in 1750 and was built as a luxurious royal garden for royal families to rest and entertain. Towards the end of the Qing Dynasty it became their main residence.
Your tour includes a boat ride on the lake, where you can relax in comfort, enjoy the vistas and see the Qing style buildings on Suzhou Street where eunuchs and concubines were once disguised as merchants so that the Emperor could enjoy shopping.
Your tour finishes with your being driven back to your hotel, or if preferred to any other centrally located spot. Please advise at the time of booking if this is a preference.
Inclusions for Hiking Mutianyu Wall & Stroll Summer Palace Private Tour With 2 Options
- Pick up from a centrally located hotel in an air conditioned vehicle
- Flexible drop off location
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- English speaking guide (Option 2 only)
- Return cable car or chair lift up return or chair lift up / toboggan descent (Option 2 only)
- Lunch at a local restaurant (Option 2 only)
- Boat ride on Kunming Lake, Summer Palace
Exclusions for Hiking Mutianyu Wall & Stroll Summer Palace Private Tour With 2 Options
- Return cable car or chair lift up/ toboggan descent (Option 1)
- Lunch (Option 1)
- English speaking tour guide (Option 1)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, so please dress accordingly
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A moderate amount of walking is involved - please wear comfortable shoes
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Children aged 4 and under are free
Child rate applies when accompanied by with 2 paying adults
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
Please note, access to the ramparts is operated by 2 different companies. The return trip to the northern entrance, Watch Tower #14 is by return cable car. The return trip to the southern entrance, Watch Tower #6 is either by return chair lift or chair lift up / toboggan ride down. Please note Option 2 the all-inclusive option includes ONE of these options. If you choose to do a one way trip between the two Watch Towers, going up to one, and down from the other, a small additional fee is incurred approximately 80 RMB per person. This is due to the rides being operated by 2 independent suppliers.
The duration of transfers is approximate only, is entirely dependent on time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Private Night Tour: Beijing Foodie Experience
- Private Transfer: Beijing Railway Station to Airport
- Beijing Private Transfer: Beijing Airport to Railway station
- Beijing Opera Show at Liyuan Theater with Transfer
- Small Group Day tour From Jiankou To Mutianyu Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou
- Private Hiking Day Tour: Yanqing Badaling Incomplete Great Wall
- Private Jinshanling to Simatai West Great Wall Hiking Tour from Beijing