OverviewJoin this day trip and spend a day hiking on a nature reserve with a visit to one of the many ruins of Mongolian monasteries nearby Ulaanbaatar.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Your guide and drive will pick you up from your centrally located hotel accommodation in Ulaanbaatar at 8am and then transfer you the visit the ruins of Manzushir Monastery on the foothill of Bogd Khan mountain range. From there, you will take a 3 to 4 hours hike on a trail of moderate difficulty through mixed forests and alpine meadows to reach Tsetsee Gun peak which is 7,402 feet (2,256 meters) above see level and the highest summit of the mountain range.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on the peak with scenic views of typical Siberian forests in the background before heading back down. The monastery complex you will visit was originally built in 1733 but completely destroyed during anti-religion campaigns period of the 1930s with just the main temple survived to date. Apart from that, you will see a few sections of shattered walls, foundations, stone terraces and some stone niches along the cliffs. The main temple structure was recently been renovated and now serves as museum. You will return to Ulaanbaatar in the late afternoon and be transferred to your accommodation where this hiking day trip concludes.
Inclusions for Hiking On Mt. Bogd Khan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Hiking On Mt. Bogd Khan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.