Hiking The Seven Rila Lakes And Spa Day Trip From Sofia
OverviewExplore the Seven Rila Lakes, the jewel of the Rila Mountains National Park and admire breathtaking alpine scenery! Escape the summer heat in Sofia and enjoy the refreshing mountain climate of the highest mountain of the Balkans! Come join us for a pleasant, easy to moderate walk and relax deeply at the end of the day in thermal pools fed by hot spring waters! All this within a day tour from Sofia!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up early in the morning from your hotel or address in Sofia for a wonderful journey in the Rila Mountains. Within 1.5 hours you will arrive at Pionerska hut (1520 m.), from where the group will take a chair lift to the Rila Lakes hut situated above the tree line at 2150 m.a.s.l. in the Rila Mountains National Park.
Here the circular walk begins, passing by Ribnoto (The Fish), Trilistnika (The Trefoil) and Bliznaka (The Twin) Lakes; when the group reaches Bubreka (The Kidney) Lake, situated at 2282 m.a.s.l. there are 2 options:
1. The group can choose to take the long route: continue uphill and passing by Okoto (The Eye) Lake, you reach the Lakes Peak (2550 m), offering a great panorama of all the Seven Rila Lakes. Then you will walk back the same way to the Kidney Lake.
2. The group can choose the short route: We head towards the top station of the chairlift along a scenic route offering a great panorama of the Seven Lakes area.
At the end of the hike, you will reach the Rila Lakes hut and via the chairlift will descend to the Pionerska hut. The minivan is awaiting us for a short transfer (approx. 20 min.) to Sapareva Banya Spa resort, famous for one of hottest thermal springs in Europe (~103C). Enjoy and take the time to relax deeply after the walk in some the numerous thermal pools with temperature of the water varying from 15 to 45 C. In the late afternoon, the group will head back towards Sofia, where you will be dropped back off at your place.
Walking time: approx. 3 hours (short route); approx. 5 hours (long route)
Total ascent / descent: approx. 180 / 140 m (short route); 460 / 385 m (long route)
Bus / car transfer duration: approx. 3 hours / 190 km
Inclusions for Hiking The Seven Rila Lakes And Spa Day Trip From Sofia
- Pick up / drop off at your hotel or address in Sofia
- All transfers
- Licensed mountain guide, a member of UIMLA
- VAT and all local taxes
Exclusions for Hiking The Seven Rila Lakes And Spa Day Trip From Sofia
- Lunch and drinks (allow 5 - 6 for a lunch pack or 8 - 10 for 3 course lunch in a mountain hut restaurant)
- Rila Lakes chair lift tickets (18 Lev / 9 round trip ticket)
- Entrance fee for Sapareva Banya thermal spas (15 Lev / 7.5 per person)
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operator will be in contact with you regarding weather conditions and what to bring (type of clothing, boots, etc.)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.